Anyone interested in a trade?

Posted by: cassp

Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 01:51 PM

I'm floating the idea of trading my G70 (OS 3)for an S900 and money. My keyboard is mint and I have two CF cards I will include with all the other original goodies. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the G70 mechanicaly or cosmetically. I'm just looking for a change.

------------------
Cass P Online
Lovin' my G70 and XK-1
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 04:48 PM

Change your underwear...not your G70..

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 05:31 PM

That may be a possibility, Fran. I'm just in the infatuation phase of this dream. Once I wake up it may just be that the G70 stays. I'm trying not to move too fast, but once you get that urge to purge or that itch to switch, it's hard not to...

I've gotten real comfortabe with the G70, but this one hasn't been out of the house yet. If I start doing NH gigs, a smaller keyboard would be helpful.

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 05:39 PM

Cass , here is a reminder..in case you forgot..The G70 gives you the best arranger key feel and range,,,the S900 the worst..
The G70 gives you the best harmonizer in the business..the S900..the worst..

The G70 has the best piano, organ , choir/scat..the s900 does not..

The G70 is the best SMF playback and edits in the business....the s900..give me a break....

Now did you keep score..and do the math...
Posted by: Kingfrog

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Cass , here is a reminder..in case you forgot..The G70 gives you the best arranger key feel and range,,,the S900 the worst..
The G70 gives you the best harmonizer in the business..the S900..the worst..

The G70 has the best piano, organ , choir/scat..the s900 does not..

The G70 is the best SMF playback and edits in the business....the s900..give me a break....

Now did you keep score..and do the math...

Opinions opinions.....LOL

Sales numbers and support tells the tale...

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:12 PM

my opinions are proven fact..

Players know the differences..

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:25 PM

Darn you, Fran. You're like that little voice of reason on my shoulder. My dream is already changing. I need a stimulus package.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:27 PM

The G70 is a nice instrument...unfortunately it is too heavy for most OMB players.

Keep your G70, Cassp...you really like the instrument, I can tell, but consider that none of us are getting any younger, and that big old G70 isn't going to get any lighter.

Save up and get a lighter arranger for your NH gigs...an S900, as you suggested, or, an E-50, if you want to stay with Roland's OS, and keep the G70...if you sell it, you may never get another in the excellent condition yours is in.

Ian

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:35 PM

Ian you may have pretty much summed it up. I've had a lot of input from friends on and off the SZ and the consensus seems to be to keep the G and save for and S. Oh well, there goes that pipedream.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:38 PM

just buy a S900 its an investmnent that you'll make back in a couple of gigs.
Posted by: hammer

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:45 PM

Hey Kingfrog,
The reason Roland Arranger sales are down in the US is you can't find any stores that have them in stock to try out. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and not one single store carries a Roland Arranger. I would love to try one - but I'am not going to drive a day to do it. I bet if Rowland would get with the program and send a few to the major music outlets the sales figures would be a lot different.

Hammer
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:52 PM

Cass, I agree save your money buy an S900. Talk to Frankieve he'll save you a few dollars. That g70 as nice as it is, is a monster to take to 1 hr NH gigs.

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 06:59 PM

I could be wrong, but aren't Roland's G-70, E-80/60/50 no longer being supported by the company as far as OS updates and related issues?

Weren't all these models discontinued recently?

All the more reason to hold on to your present instrument, Cassp.

Ian
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 07:01 PM

Hi Cassp,
change for change sake, is not good.

Still regret selling my KN7000 a few years ago. It was irreplaceable. Even if I manage to find one, it would not be in the mint condition mine was.

EX keyboard junkie, now happy PA800 owner .
haahaa
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cassp:

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Cass, I agree save your money buy an S900.

Steve...you have mail concerning your S900.

Ian
Posted by: zuki

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/28/09 08:44 PM

Cass - unload that G70, forget the S900 and go for the lightweight marvel PA800 Your audience will love it. You sing too good to not have the harmonizer Good luck!

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/29/09 04:59 PM

That thought has crossed my mind, Zuki. We'll hold onto the G70 for now and if I do start doing NH gigs consistently, I'll decide when my music mad money fund gets healthier. Thanks for the vocal compliment.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Anyone interested in a trade? - 04/29/09 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Steve...you have mail concerning your S900.

Ian

Ian, Thank you!