Barry Manilow Fights Crime................!!

Posted by: Dnj

Barry Manilow Fights Crime................!! - 03/03/09 06:11 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090303/ap_on_fe_st/as_odd_new_zealand_mall_rats
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Barry Manilow Fights Crime................!! - 03/03/09 09:59 AM

How about the response from one of the teenagers ... unfortunately, that is a prevalent attitude these days ...

The city council, police and local property owners covering 410 businesses agree that "nice, easy listening" music like Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You," "Mandy" and other hits might change the behavior of loitering teens.

But one 16-year-old told The Press newspaper that unfashionable music wouldn't deter them.

"We would just bring a stereo and play it louder," Emma Belcher said.

Lonsdale countered that the city would then hit them with anti-noise laws.

I wonder if Mr & Mrs Belcher are PROUD of Emma??? ... I wonder if they are even AROUND ?!?!? ...
t.
Posted by: Kingfrog

Re: Barry Manilow Fights Crime................!! - 03/03/09 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:

How about the response from one of the teenagers ... unfortunately, that is a prevalent attitude these days ...

[b]The city council, police and local property owners covering 410 businesses agree that "nice, easy listening" music like Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You," "Mandy" and other hits might change the behavior of loitering teens.

But one 16-year-old told The Press newspaper that unfashionable music wouldn't deter them.

"We would just bring a stereo and play it louder," Emma Belcher said.

Lonsdale countered that the city would then hit them with anti-noise laws.

I wonder if Mr & Mrs Belcher are PROUD of Emma??? ... I wonder if they are even AROUND ?!?!? ...
t.

[/B]

We play Garth Brooks in the Store when we need to clear out a bit.