WTB backup G70...

Posted by: Diki

WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 11:34 AM

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum29/HTML/002564.html

Got a house gig coming up that I want to leave a G70 at. Looking for excellent condition in US only.

Thanks
Posted by: Dnj

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 12:55 PM

is weight the problem you can't use only the one you have?.....

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 01:03 PM

No, but I'll be carpooling (it's a full band gig) 40 miles or so there and back, and probably doing day gigs too. It'll save space and time, and wear and tear. Plus, as committed to this discontinued product as I am (and no sign of any immediate replacement, despite your constant predictions ) it seems prudent to have a backup in case of a problem...

Seems a great time for someone to unload their G70, as obviously superior as everything else out there is

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 01:12 PM

Good luck finding one ......shouldn't be too hard.....put some want ads in the right places & somthing will turn up for sure.

d.
Posted by: Mainer

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 01:19 PM

Check this this out
http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Workstation-G...m14&_trkparms=6 6%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Seems a great time for someone to unload their G70, as obviously superior as everything else out there is

That's your problem right there. Players who've got 'em, won't sell 'em until there's something worthy to replace them with. And there isn't.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 04:38 PM

Didn't Fran mention a while back that he knew where there were quite a few G70s?

Maybe they are still available.

Problem is the G70 didn't sell all that well to begin with, at least here in Canada and the USA, so a second hand one may be a bit difficult to find.

Backups are always good to have...it's nice to have one set up at home, and one in the case ready to go, or even better, especially when the instrument is as heavy as the G70...one at a permanent location.

Good luck.

Ian
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/27/09 07:08 PM

Diki,

Email me tcavan01@baker.edu. Mine is pristine.

Tom
Posted by: BruceMilne

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/28/09 02:57 AM

Hi Diki,
Sent you an email but not sure if that address is still current. I have a mint condition G70, home use only by senior citizen (me) in non-smoking environment.
About one year old. Includes SRG-01, SRX-06 (Complete Orchestra), and SRX-07 (Ultimate Keys-installed).

Any reasonable offer.

Regards...Bruce Milne (252)-637-8071
wb2qap@yahoo.com
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/28/09 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
That's your problem right there. Players who've got 'em, won't sell 'em until there's something worthy to replace them with. And there isn't.

Well, that was quick...there are at least two willing to give up their "superior" keyboards ...and there isn't anything remotely visible (or worthy) from Mr. Roland on the horizon to replace it.

Abandon ship!

Ian

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/28/09 06:25 AM

So Diki now you have a few choices for a backup.....problem solved See how easy?

Re: WTB backup G70... - 02/28/09 10:46 AM

Thanks for everyone's reply (even Ian's ). I also have a call in with a friendly Roland representative
who is trying to track me down a new one locally. I hope to have this info soon and will be contacting
everybody soon.

Many thanks.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-28-2009).]
Posted by: leeboy

Re: WTB backup G70... - 03/01/09 06:41 PM

Diki,
Interestingly...I today ran accross a older keyboad mag. with a complete review of the G-70. I took the time to fully read it.
Very nice feature set...looks like a real winner to me and was highy rated in the review. I have not had the pleasure of hearing one live.

Good luck finding a backup,,,smart mve.

Lee S.