Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy...

Posted by: keybplayer

Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 03:14 PM

Sirius and XM getting prepared to file Chapter 11.. Who's next?

All the best,
Mike
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 03:33 PM

That sux...I love my Sirus radio ;(
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 03:45 PM

Mike, you posted a link a couple of days ago with a list of companies that were ripe for failure. As I recall XM Sirius was on that list. What a shame I've been a loyal XM subscriber the last 4 years only dropping them last month because I found that I'm listening to more downloaded podcasts via my iPod and wanted to cut spending where I can. Sad day for sure. And it we know it ain't over yet!!

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 04:06 PM

We're Doomed ;(
Posted by: mc

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 04:08 PM

Yahoo news had a list of companies that are in trouble and Sirus / Xm radio was on it. I'm not surprised, I had sirus and I didn't renew it to cut some costs at home. My radio is free and I save $150 a year. I'm sure many other people have had to do the same.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
That sux...I love my Sirus radio ;(

Wanna buy an iPOD, Donny ??? ...

Seriously, in retrospect, don't you have to wonder about the long term success of a "subscription" service when one can get most of the same for 'free', albeit with 'commercial breaks' ... especially when the service is paying on air personalities like Howard Stern and Chris Russo millions of $$$ per year ?
I think that in times like these people are going to find out that a lot of the 'toys' they deemed to be necessities, they can now live very well without ...

t.
Posted by: hammer

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 06:30 PM

Darn, and I just upped my membership for another year in full.

Hammer

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Wanna buy an iPOD, Donny ??? ...

T been there done that ....Zune also & creative labs.....nothing beats a laptop

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Darn, and I just upped my membership for another year in full.

Hammer

Chapter 11 is not Chapter 7

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 06:44 PM

Quote:
We're Doomed ;(

But dont worry they just raised the price of stamps also....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_go_ot/postal_rates

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/10/09 09:09 PM

Quote:
T been there done that ....Zune also & creative labs.....nothing beats a laptop

While on a treadmill ??? ... or on a garden tractor??? ... or taking a walk??? ...

There is no 'one perfect product for every need' ...

"nuff said" ...

t.

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/11/09 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
While on a treadmill ??? ... or on a garden tractor??? ... or taking a walk??? ...

There is no 'one perfect product for every need' ...

"nuff said" ...

t.

Well... thats 3 things I never do

otherwise use your Blackberry Storm!!
You do have one?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-11-2009).]
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/11/09 06:29 AM

Quote:

otherwise use you Blackberry Storm!!

I love my Storm!!! I fully qualify for Crackberry Addict Status.
http://crackberry.com/

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/11/09 09:19 AM

Quote:
otherwise use your Blackberry Storm!!
You do have one?

You don't know what you're missing ...
CrackBerry - Another toy I don't need .. unless someone buys me one ... ...

I left the CrackBerry when I left the day job, and never looked back ...
t.

Re: Another major company gets ready to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy... - 02/11/09 06:28 PM

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/37722