Marketing Churches...

Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Marketing Churches... - 11/30/08 01:48 PM

I usually wind up with about a dozen performances annually at area Churches. Specifically, these aren't during the weekly services, but rather for evening concert series, women's groups, dinners, etc. I love playing for these audiences and they seem to be a terrific fit for me.

I'm curious if anyone has really marketed these type clients, and if so, how?

Thanks-

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: John DiLeo

Re: Marketing Churches... - 11/30/08 02:50 PM

Bill,
This is an interesting thread. I would say you would have to do some footwork here & go to each church in question, talk to the Priest, Minister,Pastor, Rabbi, or whoever is in charge first. Also remember that most churches already have a band, singers, or what have you already within their congregation. There could cause a conflict of interests. You could try to find out what programs & groups they have within the congregation to see who is charge of Dinners, Dances, Shows, etc. Then find out if your act would fit in to their curriculum, & what kind of entertainment they are looking for & what they are will to pay within their budget.. I would say it would just take some TLC and a little perseverance and you could be successful.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Marketing Churches... - 11/30/08 02:53 PM

Bill,

In this instance you are not really marketing the church, but instead, the groups that utilize the church facilities for their specific functions. Essentially, you would be paid by the folks that put on the dances, etc.. at the church and not the church itself. I've only done a few of these, and I charge them the same fee as anyone else and never had a problem.

Good Luck,

Gary