That's right, my beloved e60 is available for at least the next 36 hrs. $1200
Contact me immediately.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 03:58 PM

Got a G70?

Or have you gone Korg or Yamaha?
Posted by: cassp

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 04:01 PM

neither yet but I think you know where my preferences lie.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 06:07 PM

sell the Hammond too get the G70!

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 06:28 PM

Now don't go getting ahead of me. Let's take things one step at a time. Hopefully I'll know more of what I'm going to do by this time tomorrow. GEE, I wonder what arranger could replace that great e60.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 06:46 PM

Let's guess:

T3?
PA800?
Media Station?

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 06:58 PM

Gee Zuki, I'm disappointed. I guess you haven't paid much attention to my rants and raves. But this is all premature; I haven't sold the e60 yet and the board I'm coveting may still go to someone else. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and lifting my weights.

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Now don't go getting ahead of me. Let's take things one step at a time. Hopefully I'll know more of what I'm going to do by this time tomorrow. GEE, I wonder what arranger could replace that great e60.

Not much cass for your needs.....

talk to us... why the thoughts on switching.....have you exhausted all the great benefits of the E60? Or has the Obama landslide shook you to your knees?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-04-2008).]

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 07:22 PM

More of a celebration, I would say. I haven't scratched the surface of the e60 possibilities. But if I can make a certain deal happen, I can recapture an even G-reater arranger than the e60. I cant WAIT to find out if my proposals will work. I'm knocking on several doors simultaneously and right now it's just a matter of timing.

Who knows, this time tomorrow I'll be tickling the plastics of my trusty e60, and will do so happily until another tempting deal comes around.

The Hammond stays, at least I think it should especially for those live oldies or blues jam sessions; it a fairly light keyboard you know.

Actually, I kind of blame you, Donny, for stirring up this madness in my mind. To think that you would buy, praise and then sell your e60 just to re-buy kind of made me re-evaluate my real wants. Since it looks like I won't be playing out for some months, I might as well get something at home that inspires me.

More to follow...

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 07:26 PM

Cass the G can do what ever the H does and more

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/04/08 08:19 PM

Yeah, but I like my H and I think I can afford to keep it. I'm an organ guy at heart who just happened to learn how to play piano thru synth keyboards and digital piano.

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/05/08 12:41 AM

There's no G-replacement for the real B-thing, or it's close clones. G70 isn't even close IMO,

BUT,,,, it's closer than any arranger gets, IMO, despite it's problems. And most of the people I play with are happy enough... that's what counts, I guess.

I'm still saving for that Nord Stage, though. The hell with any current arranger... THAT'S what floats my boat, right now, more than any other arranger or WS...

Nail the sound, the vibe, the heart, and the rest will follow... !

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 11-05-2008).]
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/05/08 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I'm still saving for that Nord Stage, though. The hell with any current arranger... THAT"S what floats my boat, right now, more than any other arranger or WS...

Nail the sound, the vibe, the heart, and the rest will follow... !

That's easy for you to say.....YOU can actually play .

chas

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/05/08 05:25 AM

Oh... so you're supposed to be able to play these things? I thought this was a collectors' club.
-
-
-
-
Nigel, change the default emoticon, please.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/05/08 05:37 AM

Shouldn't be hard to get a new G70, Cassp...Fran knows where there a bunch of them....he should be able to get you deal with his connections.

If you're not going to be moving it, it should be an ideal keyboard upgrade from your E-60....better keys and piano sound for starters.

Glad to see you're keeping the Hammond XK-1...it is a real gem...I played one through a Traynor K4...terrific rotary sim in stereo...great keybed , too.

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 06:28 AM

I'm so glad, I'm so glad, I'm Glad, I'm Glad, I'm Glad!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 11-06-2008).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 10:11 AM

Tell us more!!!!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 10:14 AM

Hello Cassp...Gee! You only missed AJ's G-70 by $25.00 on E-bay. The winner REALLY got a GREAT buy at $1625.00 plus $45.00 shipping...I came Sooooooo close to Buying it myself. I figured if You purchased it I would be Interested in Your E-60...I'm weighing which way to go still. Decisions,Decisions...I LOVE the Roland Piano's and Sequencers plus MORE....In fact I had My finger on the computer keys to Bid early this morning it was that CLOSE!!!!!!...Best Wishes...I May have questions about the E-60 coming up if You don't Mind?

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Tell us more!!!!!

Couldn't sleep, so I got up at 3:55 am and stumbled over to the computer. The G70 was still there with one bid for $1580. I bid at 3:58 and got it for $1625. I could not pass up a mint G70 (from AJ) for that price. I heard he had another, but it too is sold. Word is there are some down in Florida that are feeding the out-of-production market.

I had hoped to sell the e60 back to its original owner, but he bought Aj's other G70. So now I NEED TO SELL THE E60.

It's in mint condition with manual, AC adapter and music rack. I will include a $25 PNY 2gb compact flash memory card AND a $100 Groove Pak heavy duty case w/wheels. This is a great buy for $1200 + $50 UPS ground shipping. Pass the word.

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 12:55 PM

SOLD!

Harold, you 'da man!

This has been a great day!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 11-06-2008).]

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 02:06 PM

Cass..you made the best $400 upgrade on Synth Zone..

Harold , you got a great keyboard..too..

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 02:11 PM

Cass, now find a buyer for that Hammond..

When you get use to the G70 (VK) organ ..you won't want to haul the Hammond...

No other keyboard..anywhere..does all the things the G70 does,,,and does it well..

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 02:47 PM

You are kidding, aren't you, Fran?

The XK-1 absolutely blows the VK section of the G70 out of the water...

Admittedly, the G70/E80 VK section is one of the best in an arranger, but compared to clones like the XK-1, or Nord Electro, it is a whole different beast, IMO. The pre-Leslie reverb send, and the post-main fader distortion are two things that do not plague the clones (or most other arranger sims, actually), and the XK's Leslie... WOW

And Cassp, congrats on the G70... Why not keep your E60 as a backup, then sell it to Donny after he sells his, gets something else and gets bored, then wants the E60 back again?

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 02:51 PM

Cass,Fran,Jim P.and Everyone...This Day has been CRAZY!...I have been without a arranger for quite awhile now during a very long Home renovation Project,etc plus other things. My Wife Has Her Roland RD-300SX Stage Piano but with my arthritus in my fingers it's hard for me to play a Hammer action long. (Bye the way I'm 60 Years Young)...I have a Yamaha ES-6 Synth with mLAN16E installed just to turn on and play but it's not for me...IT's finding a NEW home soon....Anyways I have been debating E-60,G-70 etc...I don't sing.I had a G-70 a Few Years back I purchased from Jim P.. (Super Guy).That was when they first came out and no upgrades,etc....Sold it...I KNOW They are EXCELLENT now with all the Updates...I just Had a Longing to try an E-60 thinking down the road of maybe adding a pre-owned PRS-900 on Top For some Yamaha Mega Voices/Styles or Ketron SD-2 Module for Voices. I have Mint Roland A-37 controller I never use also...Back To the Topic...Cass saved the day!...E-mailed me...Nothing But a Great Person,Filling My needs with his E-60 All ready to go...What more could I ask! All I have To do is plug it in when I receive it. Plus It's nice knowing who your dealing with...ZONE PEOPLE....Thanks Guys

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 03:49 PM

No Diki, I wasn't kidding completely..Why haul another keyboard for organ that is not that much better than the G70 draw bars..

We are talking about the Hammond XK-1..not the XK-3C..The XK-1 is in the same category as the Roland VK8....and the G70 is close enough...

If you are strictly an organ player..all night... is one thing, but if you are playing piano, bass, arranger and what have you....makes no sense to haul an organ...

Besides if you were an organ player..you would have picked the XK-3C over the XK-1 any how[$700 street price difference)..

If I was Cass I would keep it in mind..and not discount the idea..he may not need the Hammond..too..

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 04:15 PM

G70 is 'close' to the VK8 (debatable - a friend has one. WAY more balls vis a vis distortion than the G70)... A VK-8 is 'close' to the XK-1 (again, debatable - I felt the Leslie and Ch/Vib and percussion on the XK-1 streets ahead of the VK), and if 'close enough' is OK, it's great. In fact, for my live use, yes, it's close enough.

BUT... as you know, I do a reasonable amount of session work, and playing something 'close' just doesn't cut it...

You keep adding those 'close's' up and soon you are nowhere near 'close', and if I already had an XK-1, I certainly wouldn't be trading it away and just going with the G70.

BTW, in the studio we tend to use a Mk2 Korg CX-3, sometimes run through my Motion Sound top, sometimes just direct. If I could get that sound out of my G70, trust me, I would be using that!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Hello Cassp...Gee! You only missed AJ's G-70 by $25.00 on E-bay. The winner REALLY got a GREAT buy at $1625.00 plus $45.00 shipping...I came Sooooooo close to Buying it myself. I figured if You purchased it I would be Interested in Your E-60...I'm weighing which way to go still. Decisions,Decisions...I LOVE the Roland Piano's and Sequencers plus MORE....In fact I had My finger on the computer keys to Bid early this morning it was that CLOSE!!!!!!...Best Wishes...I May have questions about the E-60 coming up if You don't Mind?

Cass congratulations on the G70 what a price!! Good luck. Harold good luck with the e60 as well!!
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

We are talking about the Hammond XK-1..not the XK-3C..The XK-1 is in the same category as the Roland VK8....and the G70 is close enough...

Nope, the XK-1 is superior to my ears...the Leslie sim (same one as the XK-3C) and chorus vibrato are quite a bit better...the user interface is much more user friendly than the VK-8, and the real drawbars are better than the G70's sliders.

I'd hold on to the Hammond if I had it...it's a class act, to be sure.

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 05:33 PM

You guys can discuss the XK-1 issue til you're blue in the face. I was raised on a Hammond, taught on a Hammond and played many of my first adult jobs with a Hammond. The XK-1 is a Hammond, for sure.

One of the reasons I sold my first G70 was because I was unhappy with many aspects of the G's drawbar section. It's not as good as a VK-8 or even my old VR-760. But it is good enough for most jobs that I will play.

The Hammond stays for many reasons. For one, I can midi up my SC88 and have a pretty easy to handle keyboard setup if I need to. Secondly, when I'm playing with a live band, the Hammond is visually and aurally a must have.

Because the G70 is so versatile, I probably will not bring along the XK-1 very often - this one keyboard can handle what I need done. But there will be time when the Hammond is called out of the bullpen as a solo piece or a companion.

For what all of this horse trading has cost me in the last couple years, the Hammond is dessert, and besides - I love it.

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 05:39 PM

Speaking of organ on the G70..Try mixing the VK engine organ with the sampled organs of the G70..I blend them..The sampled organs use the insert effects Leslie with different adjustment settings than the draw bar simulator...I think using 4 or 5 organ parts on the G70 in split mode....gives a richness and great variations, that are not possible with the VK8 or other stand alone organs...Try what I am talking about...maybe you will draw another conclusion..

Re: Roland E60 - mint condition - 11/06/08 06:32 PM

I agree with Fran, blending the organ voices is the way to go if not using the VK. You will have a very interesting if not realistic sound while playing around with these groupings.
Cassp... take some time and enjoy your next few weeks with putting this keyboard together with your likings.

Congratulations on your next (again) keyboard.

Enjoy whatever you play.

Scottc