Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers

Posted by: Stephenm52

Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 05:51 AM

I sent an e-mail to CassP this morning and this is the reply I received from his wife:

Steve, I don’t know you but this is Cass’ wife. He suffered cardiac arrest on Friday. He has been on a ventilator until this past Tues. Very serious. He was a code blue when ems arrived. They shocked his heart 4 times.

Hopefully he will recover, but it was a big scare. I almost lost him. He was sitting and talking yesterday. They will implant a defib/pacemaker on Friday. He has a long road to recovery but I think God was watching over him.

Please let everyone on the “post” know as I’ve been thinking how I could get this info out to you all.

I have Cass home address, if you would like it send me an e-mail and I'll get it to you.
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 06:21 AM

You have mail, Steve.

Thanks for letting us know about this...

Regards...

Bill

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 07:02 AM

I was shocked to read this ... this kind of stuff ALWAYS puts things in perspective ...
Our prayers are with cass and his family ...
t.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 07:28 AM

Sad news.....and very sobering, as well. Let's all hope for a speedy and complete recovery.

chas
Posted by: DonM

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 07:44 AM

Bad news, but I'm so happy that Cass is on the way to recovery. Our prayers are with you.
DonM
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 07:51 AM

Steve, tell our good friend to hang in there.

Russ
Posted by: moldmaker

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 08:17 AM

Very sad & sobering news indeed. Will keep him in my thoughts & pray for his speedy recovery.
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 08:21 AM

Thank you for telling us about Cass, Stephen. This is really shocking (no pun intended) and our prayers go out to him and his wife. My brother has had two heart attacks and flat-lined during one of them. He has recovered and I expect Cass to fully recover as well.

If I may inject some thoughts on initiating a recovery program for Cass; he will, needless to say, have to change his lifestyle drastically to help maintain his health on into the future. Diet, exercise, and any medications his Doctor prescribes will have to be a mainstay with him for his recovery process to proceed and to reach completeness. Rest and a stress free environment will be necessary of course also. Encouragement and support from his friends and family is also vital and will help to speed the recovery process.

Again, our thoughts and prayers are with you Cass, and we all look forward with anticipation to your speedy recovery and your participation with all of us again on the Synth Zone arranger forum.

Best,
Mike
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 09:22 AM

Cass when ever you get to read this....
I want you to know that your in my prayers for a very speedy recovery my friend. Sometimes life deals us a bad hand .....but someone up there loves you & knows its not time to check out yet. I know your in good hands & hope to hear only good things in the coming weeks about your health for sure. Stay strong Cass we need you here making music with us again when your better.

Kind Regards

Donny

PS... Steve email me Cass's address please I want to send him something.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-25-2008).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 09:25 AM

Cass you got email..
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 09:46 AM

Cass
My prayers are with you.

Chico
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 10:23 AM

Cass,
All of your friends here at the Synthzone(all around this big world) wish and pray for a speedy recovery.
George Kaye
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 10:36 AM

Good Luck and follow the doctors advice
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 10:57 AM

Good wish from the UK
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 11:04 AM

Just checked in here and was shocked to read this. Hope you get well quick. Our prayers are with you.

- Scott
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 11:27 AM

Get well soon Cass.

Gary
Posted by: rphillipchuk

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 12:12 PM

Cass !!

Nothing bad happens to an old Pollock, you just took a little turn from the highway....We are all rootin for you...

from the old Ukrainian neighbor in Windsor Ontario

Ron

------------------
createsongstyles.com
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 01:10 PM

Prayers are being sent from our house to Cass for a full recovery.
Thanks to Stephan for letting us know about this.
We will miss Cass till he is back here posting again, for sure we will,
Best regards to Cass and his wife.
Bebop
Posted by: trident

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 02:21 PM

Good recovery Cass.
Theodore
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 06:34 PM

Cass, get well soon! You are one of my fellow church musicians and I know your whole congregation and, as of this Sunday, my whole congregation will be praying for you. Get well soon my friend, we need you here with us.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 06:49 PM

Hi Cassp...my best wishes for a speedy recovery and a quick return to the fold.

Ian
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 07:47 PM

We're all pulling for you Cass. Stay strong, my friend.
UD
Posted by: Chris Valenti

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 07:51 PM

Get well soon Cass. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Chris
Posted by: Bluezplayer

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 08:37 PM

Best wishes to you Cass. Get well soon

AJ
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 08:47 PM

All the best with your recovery Cass. We all expect to see you back here in good health as soon as you are able.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/25/08 09:57 PM

All the best, cass...

Hand on in there. My prayers are for you, tonight.
Posted by: mikey_maestro

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/26/08 07:31 AM

Cass, we will keep you in our prayers.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/26/08 09:49 AM

I just got home and read the sad news: I am with you all the way, Cass, and may God keep His hands on you.
Posted by: JCkeeys

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/26/08 08:10 PM

Get well soon .. Cass
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/26/08 09:38 PM

Cass - so very sorry to hear about your news. Prayers and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

Randy
Posted by: cassp

Re: Our Friend Cass Needs Your Prayers - 09/28/08 04:48 PM

Hello to all. Today I am writing this from my usual laptop in the kitchen. I was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Being home is not the picnic one might expect after a week in the CCU. Yes, it is nice to be home, but everything is so difficult and tiring. Just going to the bathroom is a 10-minute event, and not always a successful one. With Lasix and other similar meds, sometimes it’s too late even if a could run to the toilet, which I certainly can’t. And someone has played a terrible joke on my anatomy; Now when I try to urinate I have to avoid peeing in my pants and on the rug and all that stuff I thought I gave up when my mommy potty trained me. Hopefully, this situation will improve over time. In fact I’ve already gone to the bathroom several times today and am lucky enough to be wearing the same underwear. – Wow!

But seriously, this will be a long recovery. Last Friday my “ejection fraction” for the heart was somewhere around 10. The normal healthy heart is usually pumping at above 55. So essentially my heart gave out; I did not have a heart attack. My 7-yr old stents and double by-pass are still doing their jobs. I had what is called ventricular fibrillation – my heart was beating super fast, but not really getting any blood out to the body. So from that point I pretty much flatlined. My wife's quick call to 911 saved my life. They were at teh house in minutes and were able to find and maintain a faint pulse until they could stabilize in the hospital.

It will be a long, tiring road to a full recovery, but that's my plan. and anyway, I think this was all Fran's fault, or at least partly Donny's . A BIG THANKS to Steve Molnar, who has become a great pen pal over these few years at SZ.

I will be reading posts and selectively replying when I can. Today was a good day for me. If tomorrow and the next days go as well, I hope to be with you folks for a long while. Thanks so much for your thoughts, concerns and prayers - especially the prayers. If someone like me didn't have a huge faith and trust in the Almighty, there would be no reason to read this post. God bless you all.

Cass