(OT) PDF Files?

Posted by: Bill in Dayton

(OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 03:18 AM

Does anyone have any experience with a freeware version of Adobe Acrobat? I'd like to create some pdf files...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: (OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 03:56 AM

Cute pdf is a free program that turns anything printable on your pc into a pdf. It installs like a printer so you just go to the file menu select print and then select the printer. After you select a name and where to save it you're done.
Posted by: K1 & K2

Re: (OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 05:29 AM

Hi Bill,

"Cute PDF" is the program "mikeathome1" suggested to me. I find it is simple, easy & effective.

Yours in Music

Alan
Posted by: DonM

Re: (OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 09:11 AM

I use Deskpdf. I found it free somewhere but I don't remember where. It works very well. It is installed as a virual printer. When you want to create a PDF, just choose it as the printer from your print menu.
DonM
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: (OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 09:59 AM

I use a free program called pdfsam, or pdf Split and Merge. It works great. I tried the Cute PDF program and it didn't work well for me. could easily have been user error.
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: (OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 12:30 PM

I use a separate program Gios PDF Splitter And Merger to split and merge. The only reason is probably because I found them at different times.

Is there a free program that will do both split and merge and create a pdf?

I looked at the pdfsam and I don't see where it creates pdf out of regular files, am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 08-26-2008).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: (OT) PDF Files? - 08/26/08 01:00 PM

http://www.download.com/3055-6675_4-10849217.html?tag=pdl-redir