"Songbook" in Korg

Posted by: shim

"Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:05 PM

Can one have seperate "folders" in the songbook for, say, "slow" songs and "fast" songs?

I'd really want to delete the whole preprgrammed songbook, as I have no use of any of those songs there... (I do Jewish Music, and it is a way different style then everything they give me..(which is why I program my own styles...;-))

Anybody know how?
Posted by: zuki

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:09 PM

You simply create a new SONG LIST - In the title you can put your song in the respective categories. I have SET 1, SET 2, SINATRA, ROCK, COCKTAIL, etc

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:11 PM

I didn't understand...

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:12 PM

If you want to use an existing or pre-made style, just save it as a SONG. It will by default end up in the master SONGBOOK. From there you can save it to a CUSTOM LIST.

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:14 PM

For practice, do this:

1. Highlight a song from the SONGBOOK

2. Go to the drop down menu

3. Make sure enable list is ticked

4. Save this song to a LIST - this is where you can create you own custom lists. Very easy.

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:16 PM

You can have a FEW custom lists? That is my main concern.

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:17 PM

Thanks.

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 06:23 PM

Do you think, and does anybody here, use the songbook as THE -ONE STOP- place for changing songs and styles etc.?

I'm kinda scared to rely on just that...
I'm used to just changing the STS and/or style and thats it.

[This message has been edited by shim (edited 08-14-2008).]
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/14/08 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shim:
Do you think, and does anybody here, use the songbook as THE -ONE STOP- place for changing songs and styles etc.?

I'm kinda scared to rely on just that...
I'm used to just changing the STS and/or style and thats it.

[This message has been edited by shim (edited 08-14-2008).]

I rely entirely on songbook. I have about 13 different custom lists I work from based entirely upon the gig I'm playing. Another helpful feature in songbook is to take your time a classify your entries i.e. Song Artist, Style, Meter, Genre. Once you do that you can filter by each of those categories and have all songs by each category listed.
Posted by: korg4god

Re: "Songbook" in Korg - 08/15/08 06:28 AM

I also use the songbook primarily. I do praise and worship (high energy rockin' type) so I deleted all the original songs from the songbook. I will find a style, or I started my first style from scratch yesterday (still working on it) and get the tempos, sounds, etc. like I need then save it as a song. I then have a custom list called set list which I changed each week for the service. I can then just simply select "next" on the songbook page and the next song loads in seconds. It works great.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I also find that it has been helpful to activate the "display hold" button right after I turn the instrument on. That way if I need to make changes or check things, I can keep playing and it won't exit out of a screen before I'm ready to.