X-Stands

Posted by: firehead

X-Stands - 08/07/08 01:54 PM

I anm currently looking to buy an X stand with the middle of the stand having one side flat. I'm looking at the Quikloc QLX 12 with the 2nd tier or the Ultimate support IQ-1000 with the IQ-200 2nd tier. Any ideas or suggestions? Please help

[This message has been edited by firehead (edited 08-07-2008).]
Posted by: leeboy

Re: X-Stands - 08/07/08 04:27 PM

Take a look at On-Stage-Stands. I use their two tier model and it's nice. And pretty inexpensive, but it is not an X, it is a stand with 2 sides.

Lee
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: X-Stands - 08/08/08 06:30 AM

I use a couple of the onstage x stands and I have both the onstage second tier and the quickloc second tier. As a matter of fact I also use the QL music stand and mic boom they work perfectly with the heavy duty onstage X.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: X-Stands - 08/08/08 06:40 AM

I have the same thing. Very stable

Re: X-Stands - 08/08/08 06:59 AM

I'm confused as to which one to buy, Onstage-Ultimate -- or Quiklok. Any suggestions?
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: X-Stands - 08/08/08 10:51 AM

I bought the onstage because it looked to be the same stand and quality as the ql, but cheaper.
I'm not disappointed.

Re: X-Stands - 08/22/08 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
I use a couple of the onstage x stands and I have both the onstage second tier and the quickloc second tier. As a matter of fact I also use the QL music stand and mic boom they work perfectly with the heavy duty onstage X.

Do you use the onstage X stand with the quikloc 2nd tier? Do they match?
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: X-Stands - 08/23/08 02:36 AM

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPKSA7500
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: X-Stands - 08/23/08 04:08 AM

I'm a big convert to Roland's V-stand for gigging. You can buy a matching second tier for it. It'll take whopping great keyboards like the E-80/G-70 with total stability and you can set it up and crack it down in seconds. Folds really small for portability too. The only minor drawback is that the v-shape "feet" do not lend themselves to the placement of large pedal units like the FC-7 or PK-5.

[This message has been edited by Seamaster (edited 08-23-2008).]
Posted by: cgiles

Re: X-Stands - 08/23/08 04:25 AM

I use the OnStage KS7150 for the C1 organ, mainly to accomodate my PK7a pedals, but also because it is very, very stable (it will support up to 350lbs - even a G70 ). I have the KSA 2nd tier but don't use it; I'm not a big fan of that particular piece.

chas
Posted by: Dnj

Re: X-Stands - 08/23/08 07:37 AM

Ultimate Support APEX deluxe for me.
http://tinyurl.com/695rbk
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: X-Stands - 08/23/08 11:34 AM

I have/use most "all of the above"..

For all around use the Apex with mic boom and extended super bars..is hard to beat..It also is backed by the best company support in the business..

My Apex also has a mounted (Velcro) power strip...making it a complete set up..and no..I do not have to worry about tilting over..

My OnStage double braced stands are also fitted with mic booms..They are quick set up..especially for a quick set up in my studio..for that extra keyboard in a hurry..

It is a good value..

My V stand...I really love it..It is fitted with the mic boom and tray (tray is a little bulky, and I may cut it down to size..since I only wanted it for a laptop)..

The quality build of the V stand is great and matches my quality built G70..

Gig wise the Apex has the nod currently because it handles everything I need in the band....But, my new V stand set up..has been waiting for the "nod"..and I have no reservations about using it all the time...

The dang Apex keeps on ticking..making it hard to replace..over 20 years now...so the V stand mostly gets used in the studio..once in a while..

And Ultimate Support has been so gracious with supplying parts when needed...it may be here another 20 years..( forgot to mention..I have 2 Apex's..the other is my studio piece {silver)....

I keep needing to buy keyboards to use all these stands (7)....