OT: a sad day indeed....

Posted by: tony mads usa

OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/02/08 08:31 PM

Along with hearing the sad news regarding our friend and brother, Andrea, this evening I got the VERY sad news that a member of the band I was in in NYC for 26 years passed away today .... Fred was about 12 - 13 years older than the rest of us and along with being the "Voice of the KEYNOTES" all those years, he also served as our 'big brother' or "uncle Fred", giving us advice on life, and what is really important and what wasn't ...
I definitely feel that a part of me is gone ... We will miss him dearly ...

The news about Andrea and Fred, if nothing else, serves to bring us back to reality, and show us that, as much as we will argue about our kbs etc, it is all just STUFF, that means something only for the second we discuss it, and sometimes, not even that much ........

t.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/03/08 03:26 AM

Tony my condolences on the loss of your bandmate and friend. May he rest in peace.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/03/08 12:06 PM

I also send you my condolences Tony.
I know I am at that age and you are fast getting there where this begins to happen more time then we are able to deal with.
Keep your faith strong and be thankful for the time you had with your friends,
Best regards to you and yours,
Bebop
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/03/08 05:47 PM

Bummer, Tony. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. Dreamer too.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/03/08 06:23 PM

Tony,
Losing a friend comes with pain and wonder. Losing a musician friend goes deeper. I have a friend who takes the whole day off from work every time someone close passes on. I imagine his statement is, “Let me enjoy what I have left of my life before it is time.” I’m betting that is what your dear friends would want for you. My condolences.

John C.
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/03/08 06:57 PM

Yes, I am proud of every day I wake up. Sorry for your loss, I do feel your pain. Rejoice in every day! Or, as they say, carpe diem!
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/04/08 04:38 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss Tony; This has been a bad year for losing people near and dear to us. I guess this is designed to make us cherish the ones that are alive and that we forget to tell we love them.

Al
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/04/08 06:13 AM

Tony,
I am sad to hear about your friend.
As far as we all would like to have a life without problems or sorrow, these things help us to grow stronger, reaching deep inside ourselves to understand the real meaning of life.
All the best from your friend in Rome.

Andrea
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/04/08 07:33 AM

I know it hurts-big-time, Tony.

We're hear for you.

Russ
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: OT: a sad day indeed.... - 08/04/08 03:33 PM

Many thanks guys ...
Tomorrow we make the trip to NY for the wake and funeral ... It's not going to be easy, but Fred has a LARGE family ... (7 kids, all with spouses, grandchildren and great grandchildren) ... I believe the IMMEDIATE family photo consists of about 50 !!! ... There will be a LOT of LOVE being spread around, because that's how Fred would want it ...
Again thnx for your thoughts ... we all face this at one time or another ...

t.