Sigh .... July 21st

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Sigh .... July 21st - 07/21/08 11:06 AM

...Should've been my anniversary with Donna.
We did spend yesterday together, discussing some "kidstuff", had a nice dinner, a dip in the pool. Just 2 people caring for their children from 2 separate houses. For us, I guess that's normal.

Anyway - Happy anniversary ... even if the date's a mute point now!
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/21/08 01:14 PM

"Just 2 people caring for their children from 2 separate houses. For us, I guess that's normal."

Be thankful you have that. My ex and I share two kids, that lived with me, and we haven't talked in 20 years.
Live within a mile of each other.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 07-21-2008).]
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/21/08 01:40 PM

Be well, you old softee! Those kids at school will always bring a smile to your face. Some divorced people don't even have on-going relationships with their kids, so you're way ahead of the game on that score.

(BTW, haven't forgotten about those Secretariat photos. Just located the file and will be outputting them next week. They're for your cousin or other family member, I think. Have over 20,000 photos on file, so it took awhile to find, but I located them last night).

Russ

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/22/08 06:26 AM

Russ!
I'm using my cousin's pc right now - the one who is HORSE crazy! That's great news...I'd love to surprise him as a thank you for letting me stay at their house when I have these back to back shore dates.
You are the BEST!

...And Mike - I hear ya. We're very lucky that we can work together and share the responsibility that we both undertook 24 years ago. Sometimes it's harder seeing her than NOT seeing her, but I can't imagine my life without her in it.

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/27/08 08:33 PM

Hmmmmm. somthin' in the wind is strirrin'...
D & I have a dinner date on Saturday. Dress up, nice place reservation for 2 ... YIKES ! What am I doooooing?????????
(Fingers crossed, heart in vault, sleeves rolled up for safety!)
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 05:29 AM

I have a good friend whose kids don't even talk to him, haven't for years. And he's a great guy. His ex wife poisoned the kids on what a sorry guy their dad is. It's quite pathetic, actually.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Hmmmmm. somthin' in the wind is strirrin'...
D & I have a dinner date on Saturday. Dress up, nice place reservation for 2 ... YIKES ! What am I doooooing?????????
(Fingers crossed, heart in vault, sleeves rolled up for safety!)

Just play it cool and don't talk about the two of you. Women hate that - for some reason, they immediately put up the wall again, which starts the process all over. Best wishes.

zuki

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 07:07 AM

Thanx Zuk ... I intend to do just that. We're going to enjoy the day as if we just met. ( that's the plan, anyway ) I want light, casual, friendly, UNcomplicated. If we feel like parents - it'll change the whole dynamic.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 12:03 PM

Dave,
Your post is very touching, I have been there. Through all the hurts we receive areas where our values change, How does it go; “You do not gain without the pain.” It seems that the pain has made something special of you.

The best on your date, john C.

Dave, Does she look any different now?

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 12:16 PM

OMG, John .....I don't mean to sound vulgar, but this woman is the definition of MILF. (GILF, lately!)She looks better now than when I met her. Maybe because I'm seeing her from the inside out, or maybe she really IS all that. All my daughter's friends think she's hot, so who am I to question?

Thanx for the kind words - if we even stay as simply friends for the rest of our lives, then mine will be blessed more than I deserve. She's amazing, and my kids are the reflection of the best of her.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 12:43 PM

Keep Smilin' bud! The situation's not ideal, but much better than it could be.

R.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
OMG, John .....I don't mean to sound vulgar, but this woman is the definition of MILF. (GILF, lately!)She looks better now than when I met her. Maybe because I'm seeing her from the inside out, or maybe she really IS all that. All my daughter's friends think she's hot, so who am I to question?

Thanx for the kind words - if we even stay as simply friends for the rest of our lives, then mine will be blessed more than I deserve. She's amazing, and my kids are the reflection of the best of her.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 07:49 PM

It happens more than you realize UD. Ex'es remarrying that is. I read about it a lot and a lot of times it turns out to be peaches and cream the second time around. The kids have grown up or almost grown up and therefore it gives a couple more time to really get to know one another better and at a more leisurely pace.

Best,
Mike
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 08:29 PM

Dave,
A while back I came to the realization that my wife was not extension of me, I had no right to try and change her to what I thought was right/perfect. “The world was not all about me.”

When that happened I saw a woman I had never seen before, she’s beautiful, a step further, she’s precious. She is now my friend, we stand on the same side of the fence.

John C.

Re: Sigh .... July 21st - 07/28/08 09:29 PM

That's nice, John. You're very lucky.
Fran - get your head outta the gutter!