Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato

Posted by: Beakybird

Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/21/08 05:12 AM

I posted this in the thread about new pieces added to the Tyros 3 puzzle.

At the PK Owner forum there is a www.youtube.com link that shows a real bagpipe player using a vibrato and sound very similar to the one used on the Tyros 3 demo. The vibrato is used predominantly by the bagpipe player just as it is on the Tyros 3 demo.

Here is the link:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=470

I think Yamaha and the T3 deserve better credit for this demo given that many "bagpipe experts" were slamming it because of the vibrato.

Beakybird
Posted by: RobertG

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/21/08 11:11 AM

I'm sure Yamaha is really concerned about the market sway of the many "bagpipe experts" that have influence on people that buy arranger keyboards.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/22/08 06:45 AM

Yikes - vibrato on a bagpipe, huh?
seems like an unlikely combination and very difficult manuver. The sound pressure required to make a tone is very intense and the bellows seems difficult to regulate in a rhythmic fashion.
More credit to those who can do it. Bagpies are a tough instrument to make a pretty spound with.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/22/08 08:09 AM

Go to the link I provided. The T3 demo sounds a lot like the real bagpipe player.

Beakybird
Posted by: Impuls

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/22/08 10:32 AM

It isnt a Bagpipe but>> Uilleann pipes .

Impuls
Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/22/08 11:00 AM

Well, they ARE bagpipes, but not the ones people usually associate with the term... Those are the Scottish Bagpipes.

And re. the vibrato... I'd rather have no vibrato than a mechanical one (and it's not vibrato, really , but a tremolo/vibrato hybrid). If you compare the real to the T3, there's a complete loss of realism the minute the vibrato (oops! tremolo ) kicks in, after what is pretty decent to that point.

One can only hope this IS a user adjustable parameter...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/22/08 11:56 AM

In reality how many will ever even use this sound?
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Tyros 3 Bagpipe Vibrato - 07/22/08 11:58 AM

I thought the Tyros3 demo and the video demo sounded pretty darn close.

Not a sound I'd use often, but I would definitely find a use for it in some Cape Breton tunes.

Ian