Lightweight controllers

Posted by: Diki

Lightweight controllers - 06/25/08 06:23 PM

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM08/Content/Korg/PR/Korg-nanoSERIES-Controllers-.html

Here you go... something for those who think that even a PSR is too heavy
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/25/08 06:31 PM

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-25-2008).]
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/26/08 11:38 AM

Saw these little guys at NAMM...pretty cool!

R.

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/26/08 11:54 AM

Wish they had MIDI as well as USB, though...

I'd have the drumpad one on my G70 in a flash (I love to finish songs with a little drum flourish, or add percussion accents by hand), and I'd love to have something that could maybe do the pitch-strip thing (if it can send that info) for doing trills and hammer-on/offs. But if I got to use a laptop just to use the thing, forget it...

Shame... so close, and yet so far
Posted by: Frostbyte

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/26/08 12:32 PM

Diki -
I don't think you realize how small these are. There isn't room for a MIDI jack anywhere on them. And they are USB Powered.
They are the same width as a laptop, and just as deep. So even if you put a MIDI jack on the top, the plug would have to go in deeper than the unit is thick.

But wouldn't their regular padKONTROL do the same thing for you?

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/26/08 01:12 PM

It's a footprint issue... These things could easily be velcro-ed to my keyboard in a position that would be easy to get to from the playing position, the padKONTROL is just too big...
Posted by: Frostbyte

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/26/08 01:15 PM

Ah, I get it.
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/26/08 07:29 PM

SERIOUS lightweight controller...

76 Key Juno Stage And at a mere 21 lb 10 oz. (9.8 kg) to boot.

I can almost see Fran drooling right about now.

Best,
Mike
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/27/08 06:59 AM

To those with doubts that the Juno Stage could be used as a controller...

Another Juno Stage NAMM video

Best,
Mike
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/27/08 07:31 AM

I don't know why people are questioning the Juno Stage's capabilities as a midi controller. One of it's new features is the use as a midi controller. It even has a dedicated button on the panel that takes you into it, and you're getting a 76 key synth that won't break your back!

To other's who have speculated on the key action.... It's NOT the same keybed as the Juno-G. The Stage has a pro keybed, said to be semi-weighted and longer than the keys on the Fantom G-6. My only major upset about the Juno Stage is they dropped RECORDING entirely! They took away the audio recorder and the sequencer.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Lightweight controllers - 06/27/08 08:25 AM

It is great to find that the Juno Stage is using a better keybed..I think it is the same as the E-60 keybed..{longer keys and a better resistance}.