Playing in the cold!

Posted by: mikey_maestro

Playing in the cold! - 06/15/08 08:23 PM

I was at the resort last night. It dropped to about 44degrees and damp. My fingers got so cold after a while and wouldnt function properly. They were locking up. Has anyone else had this happen?

Anyone have advice to help fingers work better under those conditions?

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Playing in the cold! - 06/15/08 08:27 PM

who would be outside listening in the cold?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-15-2008).]
Posted by: Diki

Re: Playing in the cold! - 06/15/08 11:34 PM

Bright lights....

Get your stage lights just in front of you, turn 'em all on full, and aim 'em direct at your hands. Looks kinda cool, and warms up your fingers (if it's not TOO windy )

Makes reading the screen difficult without a hood, but what's that compared to cold fingers?
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Playing in the cold! - 06/16/08 02:13 PM

Mikey, funny you should mention that. It happened to me a couple of years ago coming out of the cold into a cold building and starting to play without first warming my hands. I didn't realize there was a problem until I started to play a fast, well-practiced, lick. What a weird (and embarrassing) feeling when muscle-memory fails to execute. It had never happened to me before and apparently not to many here either, but I can guarantee that if it ever does, you will definitely remember to warm your hands first in the future.

chas
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Playing in the cold! - 06/16/08 03:05 PM

How about those gloves with the fingertips cut off. I have a pair and I used to use them for guitar playing.