Fran is there a mid priced arranger.....

Posted by: mikeathome1

Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/16/08 09:23 AM

that will let you use markers on midi files. I think that is what it is called I want to be able to jump to different parts of the song on the fly.

Others may answer also But I know Roland had some keyboards that would let you do this, my old ensoniq would also, but I'm not sure if there is an arranger that would, I figured Fran is THE Roland guy so he might know.

What was that 600 or 700 hundred dollars keyboard you had recently that was good at midi stuff?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/16/08 09:51 AM

Roland E50/E60
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/16/08 11:36 AM

Mike, that $600-$700 keyboard was not an arranger..It was the DisCover5 61 keys...It is SUPER for what you are requesting..

My suggestion for a mid price arranger keyboard that will handle the sequencer markers and a great sounding arranger is the E-60...great feel and 76 keys..great sounds and all of the covers for changing up the SMF's and styles..Used are around a $1000-$1100..

I am tempted to get another..and replace my 61 key controller..The E-60 was the next best thing to my G70..

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/16/08 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I am tempted to get another..and replace my 61 key controller..The E-60 was the next best thing to my G70..

Posted by: cassp

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/16/08 02:50 PM

Fran, if I can steal another G70, I'll sell you my E-60. And you're 100% correct; it is the next best thing to the G70. I'm very pleased with mine.

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/16/08 03:17 PM

The Discover5 sounds perfect but I guess that's an older board I couldn't find anybody that sells them.

Now that I mention it I couldn't find an E 60 online new or used!
Posted by: cassp

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/17/08 07:16 AM

Good luck on that search, Mike. Fran bought a Discover 5m module this past winter and I have one of the few e60's I know of. We both own(ed) G70, e60 and DisCover5 boards. A DC5 would probably be the least expensive way to get what you want, but the e50-60 line will do the trick too.

Ask Fran if he still has or wants to sell the DC5m. It's a great piece of equipment and can be easily MIDIed to any keyboard.

Don't discount the other manufacturers. I'm pretty sure the mark/jump/loop features are getting very popular on other arrangers too.

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/17/08 07:19 AM

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=826&ParentId=18

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/17/08 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
Now that I mention it I couldn't find an E 60 online new or used!

or an E50...I searched ebayn also to no avail......whats up with that? where are they all?

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/17/08 08:14 AM

Thanks guys!
Donny I couldn't even find a new e 50 or e60 online anywhere. What do they go for new?
Does the s900 do any marker type stuff for smf's.

Do any of the new inexpensive synths do the midi marker thing well.
This is just for my own home amusement so I don't want to spend a lot.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Fran is there a mid priced arranger..... - 05/17/08 11:09 AM

I was under the impression that Roland arrangers were primarily in the hands (in the US, at least) of the CK Division (Contemporary Keyboards), not the usual MI dealers. CK dealers have territorial exclusivity, which forbids them to advertise on the internet or outside their territories.

So a search on the internet won't bring up a score of Musician's Friend results, and the like. As to Ebay, well, most that have one really liked it, so you might not see too many used ones! Add to that how few HAVE sold, due to Roland's short-sighted marketing (let's face it, without internet sales and advertising, just how many of ANY brand would get sold?) and obscure dealerships (most CK dealers are primarily piano stores, and their salesmen aren't exactly leaping over each other to get the tiny commission one of these would bring in compared to selling a piano), you actually have to WORK to find one.

I would suggest looking up where the nearest CK dealers are in your area, and calling them... Alternatively, give George Kaye a call. He is one of the few sellers allowed to sell out of his area. Perhaps he can find one for you?

Trust me, if Yamaha and Korg had hidden the PSR and PA series as well as Roland have theirs, nobody would be talking about S900's and PA800's much, either...