2 Song questions?

Posted by: cassp

2 Song questions? - 04/01/08 06:12 PM

1. Does anyone have a fake/lead sheet of Shania Twain's "From This Moment"?

2. I'm trying to remember and possibly locate (in any form) a fuzz-guitar instrumental single from the summer of 1968-69; probably inspired by the Easy Rider craze. Maybe there was a motorcycle revving at the intro or throughout. This has been bugging me for months now. I need an answer.
Posted by: msutliff

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/01/08 06:47 PM

Davie Allan & The Arrows - Blues Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKpAJF4zCwY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwI2-SSTQaE

-mike

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 06:20 AM

Thanks Mike.

Unfortunately, that's the song It's been stuck in my head for months now and now I can let it go. The video of Davie Allen playing it live at a festival or something is neat.

Thanks too to an SZ lurker, Jim W, who also sent me a link to the original recording. Where else but on the SZ, hey!!!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 07:22 AM

Cass you got mail

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 08:35 AM

Thanks Stephen.

Got both items settled, thanks all.
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Thanks Mike.

The video of Davie Allen playing it live at a festival or something is neat.

cassp, That is a video of just some band {not Davie Allen) playing the song. They just put davie allens name in the title of their up-load. Dave Allen and the Arrows were the original performers of almost all the songs in the Wild Angels soundtrack and I am sure he would be much older than anyone in that video. Of course, I can be wrong.
I just had to post and clarify.

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 04-02-2008).]
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OldNewb:
cassp, That is a video of just some band {not Davie Allen) playing the song. They just put davie allens name in the title of their up-load. Dave Allen and the Arrows were the original performers of almost all the songs in the Wild Angels soundtrack and I am sure he would be much older than anyone in that video. Of course, I can be wrong.
I just had to post and clarify.
[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 04-02-2008).]

I don't know if it's the ORIGINAL Davie Allen or not, but here's there web site ... same band as on the video http://www.davieallan.com/

t.
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 06:16 PM

Hi Tony,
Well I am shocked. Not that I am wrong as much as that guy really is that old? he looks very young for his age, and you can tell by the type of speaker enclosure that the video is fairly recent. within the past few years.
Thank you Tony for your getting involved and getting to the truth of that video.
I agree now that it is the same guy, playing the same axe and all.
I do stand corrected.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: 2 Song questions? - 04/02/08 08:10 PM

ON ... you're quite welcome ... you are correct ... the guy looks really young ...
t.