Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina

Posted by: Stephenm52

Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/17/08 07:16 PM

Just got a last minute gig for a Wednesday night Italian night. I'm looking for a lead sheet for Mala Femmina. Thanks in advance
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/17/08 08:03 PM

I have a midi file of Femmena if you have a program that will show the notation I'll send it.
Ciao,
Jerry

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/17/08 08:27 PM

Jerry, Yes BIAB will do the conversion for me.

per favore rispondete steve@steveonpiano.com

molte grazie
Posted by: Lucky2Bhere

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/17/08 11:02 PM

I have a lead sheet of Mala Femina. If you still need it. I'll scan it and send it to you as a JPG or PDF.

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 02:52 AM

Lucky2Bhere thanks for the offer I'm all set. Thank you Scott and Jerry.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 03:52 AM

Steve,
just a suggestion to avoid playing Malafemmena with the usual Rhumba or Beguine style: try to listen to the version done by Gigi d'Alessio, because I think that he was able to give the song a more modern feeling.

Very !

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Steve,
just a suggestion to avoid playing Malafemmena with the usual Rhumba or Beguine style: try to listen to the version done by Gigi d'Alessio, because I think that he was able to give the song a more modern feeling.

Very !

Andrea, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I could not find Gigi's recording on either on iTunes or Amazon's mp3 store.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 05:52 AM

Rats... well, basically he did a very modern arrangement in a style that could be defined a ballad a la Phil Collins. I think he even used a bit of analog percussions (Roland TR 808 or 909); anyway, that's what I would use, should I record this song.

Let me see if I can dig that MP3 out...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 06:29 AM

Andrea ... I would love to hear that version, as I have always played/sung it in the 'traditional' style ...
t.
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 06:48 AM

Hello Dreamer,
For me at least, the Gigi d'Alessio rendition would not work since most folks in the States have little or no exposure to d'Alessio. For most of my patrons, the Rhumba and Beguine version IS “Mala Femmena” since our reference is Connie Francis, Jimmy Roselli and now Patrizio Buonne. Played differently may be taken as ‘messing up a beautiful song’.
In spite of this, you’ve inspired me with that suggestion – I think I will try a more 'modern arrangement' next gig.
Ciao,
Jerry
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
Hello Dreamer,
For me at least, the Gigi d'Alessio rendition would not work since most folks in the States have little or no exposure to d'Alessio. For most of my patrons, the Rhumba and Beguine version IS “Mala Femmena” since our reference is Connie Francis, Jimmy Roselli and now Patrizio Buonne. Played differently may be taken as ‘messing up a beautiful song’.
In spite of this, you’ve inspired me with that suggestion – I think I will try a more 'modern arrangement' next gig.
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry Vale version
http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=track&id=tra.1461228&remote=false&page=&pageregion=&guid=&from=

Regards,

Jerry
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone have the lead sheet for Mala Femmina - 03/18/08 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
I have a midi file of Femmena,
Jerry

Jerry can you send one my way also

onemanband52@yahoo.com

thanx

donny