Need to trade something .....

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Need to trade something ..... - 03/02/08 06:53 AM

...or sell it outright, but I'm open to all suggestions !
Tascam 2488 DAW. Midi sound module, multitrack recorder, CD production studio, great mixer with effects.

I traded it back from the school, where it never got used. We paid about $900 for it last year, but I'm now looking in the $500 range. Trade me, buy me, taunt me ..... what 'cha got ?
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/02/08 07:36 AM

Is it the TASCAM 2488mkII? How are the sounds on the sound module? comparable to the Roland smf modules?

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 03-02-2008).]

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/02/08 08:11 AM

Mike,
Not the MK II, it's the first model. The smf tones are about as good as the rest. Nothing spectacular, but about on par with the original Roland Sound Canvas. Nice piano, bass and rhythm, weaker winds and brass.
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/03/08 10:08 AM

Dave,
I have three thousand brick, a level,a trowel and 4 bags of mortar, but you need to pay for the shipping.
Man I know you're serious, it's like the devil made me do it. I just couldn't pass this up. It's been so long since we haggled.
Your buddy,
Boo
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/03/08 01:22 PM

Hey, Dave, there's a certain Kentucky welfare mamma who says, for you, she's willin' to "trade" whatever you got. She says you'd know what she's talking about!

"Redneck Russ"
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/03/08 01:29 PM

Russ,

Is she a redhead? If so, Dave will be there within 2 hours of this post.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/03/08 04:12 PM

Ouch ! You guys have had all the ammo you needed with me these past years, but my rehead fetish has faded quite a bit. I still stop the car for the occasional Irish Setter, but my dance card is all filled up with the incredible mother of my wonderful kids. If I can't get her back ... I don't want anyone else. I'm spoiled and I just don;t need the agg.
Sigh ... I'm a old softy these days!

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/06/08 07:28 PM

Daughter in the play this weekend ..... WHOLE family going together ( in MY car )...ahhhhhhh.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/06/08 07:32 PM

Try not to act interested - might work

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/06/08 07:36 PM

I have a lousy poker face!
Seriously .... we're becoming much better friends than I probably deserve. She was here for 19 years, and I couldn't keep her ..... the fact that she's STILL around ... who knows?
(fingers crossed)

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/06/08 08:33 PM

I really wish the best for you UD Sometimes our favorite hobbies (music, etc) aren't any fun if you're missing the key element in life.

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 05:24 AM

Boy, you said a mouthful!
I'm so lucky I have the kids at school to keep me busy...otherwise, I'd go nuts. Being an adult is tough sometimes .....

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 07:46 AM

Dave, that "heart on the sleeve" thing is tough sometimes. The "lows" are really low. But, likewise, the highs are really high. If you weren't the person you are, you would get satisfaction from your interaction with your "kids" at school. But, you get pure joy, and that's what makes you a supurb teacher and great person.

And, don't tell anybody, but I kind of have the same problem...A LOT!

I'm proud to call you my friend!

Now, Kentucky "Welfare Momma" wants to be so much more! Better hurry back down here before she get's tired of waiting and blows her food stamps and welfare checks on the UK football team again. "True love" waits, but not forever, ya know!

"Redneck Russ"
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 10:57 AM

UD, and everyone.

I highly recommend a DVD for you to watch for inspiration called; "The Secret". I have been using these tools for years, but I recently shared this DVD with my wife. After one viewing (she was reluctantly skeptical), she is a changed woman. She is motivated, embraces life, Positive, etc.

Give it to her as a gift!!! (and watch it yourself, you will never be the same)
http://thesecret.tv/

Al
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 11:01 AM

What does all this have to do with trading a Digital Recorder?

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 11:42 AM

Hey, just because you're happy?

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 11:55 AM

You don't see the similarity between Women and Musical Instruments Donny?

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 11:56 AM

BTW, I now own UD's Tascam 2488 as he made me an offer I couldn't refuse!

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 01:36 PM

The trade winds continue Nobody will make any money this way!

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 06:48 PM

**Update**
Mamma and daughters will accomany me to "Annie" at Philadelphia's Aclaimed "Academy Of Music" in 2 weeks !
I was so lucky..I played theye in both High School and College. Best acoustics I ever heard in ANY room !
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
**Update**
Mamma and daughters will accomany me to "Annie" at Philadelphia's Aclaimed "Academy Of Music" in 2 weeks !
I was so lucky..I played theye in both High School and College. Best acoustics I ever heard in ANY room !

UD ... Is that the one across from the DoubleTree Hotel ? ... When I still was working the 'day job' I used to go to Philly on business and stay at the DT ...
Love the Philly 'Walk of Fame' ...

Go to "DiBruno's" for a "muffaletta" sandwich, upstairs ... http://www.dibruno.com/rittenhouse.html

t.

PS ... I played Carnegie Hall when I was in high school ... a truly UNFORGETTABLE experience !!! ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-07-2008).]

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/07/08 07:08 PM

Tony,
You know..it's been a while since I was there, and the City is always under construction. There well may be a DoubbleTree there! All I know is ... it's AWESOME !
Carnagie Hall, huh? Impressive !
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/08/08 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Being an adult is tough sometimes .....

Most of us wouldn't know .

chas

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/08/08 06:03 AM

Heh, heh ... I fought it for as long as I could, but once I had kids that were over 30 (yikes!), I HAD to start acting like a grown-up!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/08/08 03:41 PM

I'm never goin' to act like a grown-up! When they bury my old, aging, grey-haired butt I'll still be a kid. My children have to act like grown-ups. Now that they've flown the coop I'm having more fun that a person should have, and in the next couple of year, if my health doesn't go completely to hell, I'm going to piss away every cent I've saved doing all the things I've always wanted to do. Hey, I gave them straight teeth and a college education--they're on their own. Next winter I'm headed for Tony Rome's restaurant, then across the straits to Cancun to the Palace Las Americas for a week of fun before heading home. When the kids read the last will and testiment they're not gonna be happy. All they'll get is an old sailboat, a Hobie-Cat, the house, and all the music gear. Life's too short to be a grown-up--especially when the kids have left the nest.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: Diki

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/08/08 11:19 PM

Once your kids are 30, you can act any damn way you please!

It's when they are 10 you got to straighten up and fly right!
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/09/08 04:17 AM

Jimmy Buffett says it best. We're growing older, not up.

Ciao,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/09/08 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Once your kids are 30, you can act any damn way you please!

It's when they are 10 you got to straighten up and fly right!

Diki do you have kids?
Posted by: Diki

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/09/08 01:11 PM

No, but I'm surrogate Uncle for quite a few.

I simply see all too many youngsters failing to raise kids right when they are young, and having to baby them LONG into adulthood these days...

Re: Need to trade something ..... - 03/10/08 08:24 AM

Sadly, Diki, you're right. I manage a couple of family trusts, and I'm getting frequent desperate requests for money from "kids" in their 50's and 60's who are waiting around for their parents to die. most have lived better than mom and dad, on mom and dad's money.

It really pisses them off that they have to come to me, and I get a lot of satisfaction from that.

Russ