Roland RD700gx

Posted by: montana

Roland RD700gx - 01/23/08 09:05 AM

The new Roland piano sounds like a winner. Besides having new piano and EP sounds it is supposed to be able to read and control SMFs and MP3s from a USB drive. The specs say it has 200 rhythms I wonder if they can be controled with a foot pedal to use as a drum machine. It sounds like another possible keyboard for solo players although it's 55lb
Posted by: coca

Re: Roland RD700gx - 01/23/08 09:16 AM

It is not only play mp3 file but it has the ability to chop the mp3 file into each section similar to the marker feature in the midi play mode. It can mute the center channel of the mp3 in which somewhat remove the vocal track. I experience live at the Namm show. I am surprising it does not come with the music rack...I guess this is because a stage piano.

coca
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Roland RD700gx - 01/23/08 11:45 AM

WOW!!!
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=923&ParentId=87

DEMO....check out the 300gx also....

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if some of these great new features dont show up in the next offerings of Roland Arranger Keyboards

I'm waiting patiently....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-23-2008).]
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Roland RD700gx - 01/23/08 04:14 PM

The RD700GX looks like a beauty...I especially like the idea of the weighted and hammer action "ivory feel" keyboard.

Yamaha has something similar on it's high end Clavinovas but it only involves the white keys.

The SuperNatural sounds as well as the Tonewheel organs are very interesting...I'm looking forward to trying one.

55 Lbs (not counting a roadcase)seems a lot of weight for the gigging musician.

Ian
Posted by: Stein67

Re: Roland RD700gx - 01/24/08 06:11 PM

It looks stunning. I got the RD700sx at Christmas and I absolutely love it. Stunning feel and piano (++more).