PSR3000 for sale

Posted by: cassp

PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 02:23 PM

Immaculate with all original materials and some goodies. Worth $1000; give me an offer I can't refuse.

I haven't played it more than a couple hours. Bought it used from a fellow SZ member who took exceptional care of it.

Cass Pawlowski
cassp50@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 01-04-2008).]
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 02:57 PM

Cassp what happened....why dont you like the Psr3000?
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 03:17 PM

Cassp,

Nice to see you springing for a 76 note board (the E-60?)...I knew you missed the G70(except for the weight and a few other things)and having that extra room.

Good luck with your sale.

Ian
Posted by: zuki

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 03:17 PM

LOL - first the G70 and now the 3000....what's the keeper for you?

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 03:33 PM

Well Zuki...you know he's gonna keep the Hammond!

Sometimes it takes a while to find the ideal rig.

What about the Korg PA2Xpro Cassp? That's a cool lookin' piece of gear...76 notes, too.

Ian
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 05:20 PM

Cass, sounds like you're going thru what I went thru last year. You'll know it when you find it, I did. Reminds me when my elders use to tell me when you find the right girl you'll marry her.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-04-2008).]

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 06:23 PM

Thanks guys for your support. Yes, I am keeping the Hammond, that's a keeper. I bought the 3K to mentally be able to sell the G70 - needed an arranger. The B stock E-60 is more than I expected. I was hoping to make a sale or trade and add a couple hundred bucks, but it would be more like $500. Now, the 3K is a great keyboard. If I keep the 3K I don't have to spend any money; I just have to put up with 61-keys. We'll see.

Ian, the PA2x is way too expensive for me right now. If I was going to do that, I'd have kept the G70. BTW, there's a G70 on eBay for $1850. How much lower can they go?

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 01-04-2008).]

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 07:39 PM

cassp how about a new Midjay + & a Roland A37 controller?

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 08:12 PM

Sure, Donny. I assume you're selling.
Oops, maybe I shouldn't ass-u-me.

Seriously, that could be an interesting combo if the MidJay wasn't so expensive. Put the two together and you're looking at $1500 to $2000 used.

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/04/08 08:26 PM

Cassp......its an investment ....your gonna make money with these tools who cares what they cost right?

I have already been there and sold my Midjay & A37 last year .....best SMF player hands down.....great unique ability to play aff formats at once with separate vol controls Sty/MP3/SMF/Voc/SFX/ !! For your needs using 90% Midi Files the New Midjay + could be your best multifunctional piece of gear for sure for live performance...
Posted by: cgiles

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 04:59 AM

Info only, not a recommendation, but if you'd consider the Midjay, why not the SonicCell? It's a lot cheaper, has good sounds, and does a great job of playing both SMF's and MP3's. It didn't work well for me but that's mainly because the Nord C1 makes a lousy controller and I don't really use the SMF/MP3 functions. Just a thought.

chas

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 07:27 AM

Sonic cell is not even in the same league as the MJ in regards to its features, sound & real time MULTI MODE operation.

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 07:47 AM

No need to fight over me, guys I'm not interested in either module right now. I've checked them both out and still want a 76 keyboard. Thanks.

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 07:55 AM

good luck Cass in the search......at this point I think you better wait for next greatest 76 KB to come along.....you've almost exausted everything else.
Fighting? Me?
Posted by: mr9000

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 09:57 AM

Can some generous person tell me a bit about what the Midjay is capable of..is it a sequencer for midi's?
Posted by: GlennT

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Can some generous person tell me a bit about what the Midjay is capable of?

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/000594.html
Posted by: mr9000

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 11:00 AM

Thank you very kindly sir GlennT!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 01-05-2008).]
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Sonic cell is not even in the same league as the MJ in regards to its features, sound & real time MULTI MODE operation.

The Sonic Cell is not an arranger module, agreed, but it is a Professional sound module and I couldn't disagree more with Donny's statement that the Sonic Cell is not in the same league as the Midjay sound wise.

Here is a Midjay demo using the Midjay's internal ROM sounds:

Midjay song "Brushing"

And here is a song that was created using the Sonic Cell's internal ROM sounds exclusively:

"It's Gonna Take Some Time" on Roland Sonic Cell PRO

You be the judge folks!

Now if the new Midjay + has a 10 fold increase in sound quality then the difference would be less apparent compared to the Sonic Cell. And I'm not saying Ketron hasn't acheived that goal with the new Midjay +. But we won't know for sure until demos of the Midjay + are available for download. And if the difference in sound quality between the SD1 vs. the SD1 + is any indicator then I don't see how the Midjay + will be leaps and bounds above and beyond the sound quality of the original Midjay if you ask me.

Best,
Mike

PS: It's gonna take some time (pun intended) for Cass to find his dream 76 key arranger keyboard. The choices right now are basically the Pa2x or nothing. But that could change soon. Hopefully NAMM will surpise us in that area. We shall see...

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 11:33 AM

Maybe it's just the difference in demo tunes, but Midjay sounds much warmer and fuller to my ears.

That's my unbiased opinion.

Ian

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 08:11 PM

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/05/08 08:12 PM

Thats the old MJ not the MJ Plus.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Posted by: spalding

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/06/08 01:25 PM

I have to agree. The MidiJay sounded very very good and live . The feel was Human and the sound clear and authentic. The Sonic Cell sounded over quantised, even robotic and the sounds themselves almost from the GM stable of sounds. I am not trying to offend anyone but by a very long way the Midijay sounded better. A very long way.

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/06/08 03:43 PM

I understand what you guys are saying about the live sound. My main concern is with the "quality" of sounds emanating from the Midjay and/or Sonic Cell. You have to listen above and "beyond" the 'noise' and discover the real quality of sound(s) in each of them. The Midjay to me has a good live sound but have you listened to the other Midjay demos on the KetronUS.com web site? A lot of them to my ears are sub par in quality. Granted, the "main demo" is good but there is a mixture of .mp3 and/or .wav audio sound(s) inserted throughout the song that draws attention away from the sounds of the Midjay and draws ones attention to the vocals, etc. and so the main demo, in my opinion, is not a fair comparison when one wants to hear just the sounds of a particular module e.g. Midjay, the Sonic Cell, etc. But it is true that the Sonic Cell also has the capability of adding and mixing .wav and .mp3, etc. into a songs mix but for our purpose we are trying to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges.

The song I posted i.e. "It's Gonna Take Some Time" was pieced together by me and I didn't add any effects to it at all. Also, some of the voices I used were indeed from the GM2 bank i.e. the drums for one. As far as the Midjay demos go you can definitely tell Ketron used effects in the making of the demos.

Okay, here is another song from the Sonic Cell and this one is a factory demo that I recorded straight from my Sonic Cell to my PC using my Sound Forge recording software. I did add some effects to this song to give it that long sought after "live" sound that everybody craves. "Live" is good though.. I have nothing against "live" sound. I do believe that is one of the main goals the Big Three and others should try and achieve regarding their arranger keyboards and/or sound modules, etc.

>> If there are still any naysayers regarding the Sonic Cell's potential as a professional sound module versus the Midjay, who Donny says is in another league , (yeah.., another league in 'price' that's for sure LoL), then hopefully those apprehensions will be quelled and dismissed after listening to this song. Enjoy!! And fasten your seat belts..

Mach Juan

BTW, decent speakers are a must if you want to accurately discern the sound. Thought I'd pass that along , not to say that any of our distinguished synthzone members would dare to try and discern sound quality on, let's say, a pair of $29.95 Radio Shack specials or something similar hooked up to their PC's.... Nah!!! Not our bunch.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-06-2008).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/06/08 06:37 PM

Mike, I for one as well as maybe Chas[Sonic Cell owners] can attest to the pristine sound in the Sonic Cell..including the recording audio interface..
I was looking to the Sonic Cell as a wav/MP3 player..and was only disappointed by the maximum files [99]..The player is great..

Likewise, the Ketron sounds are very good ..especially Bass and drums...but not all the sounds as with most brands..

Remember the MidJay also has arranger features...and the Sonic Cell has the better Audio/midi interface.....neither have the "Scat" voices..

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/06/08 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Remember the MidJay also has arranger features...and the Sonic Cell has the better Audio/midi interface.....neither have the "Scat" voices..

At least there is someone on this forum who has some sensibility Fran. Yeah, I mentioned to Donny that the Sonic Cell doesn't have any arranger capability so I can understand that the Midjay would cost a little more but almost 2 grand more???. Me thinks not. I am sad you got rid of your Sonic Cell though Fran. By the way, there is a workaround to the 99 file limit. Flash drives are coming down in price and a 256 or 512MB drive can be had on the cheap. You could buy a few extra flash drives for your multiple playlists if necessary Fran and the nice thing about the Sonic Cell is you can change drives on the fly without rebooting, and so long as all your .mp3/.wav/.aiff files have the same sample rate, you would be good to go.

Also, even though there are no scat voices to speak of within the Sonic Cells presets you can get them when you purchase the SRX 06 card. I bought both the SRX 06 and SRX 07 cards and I have them installed in my Sonic Cell.

Here's an example of a song I put together using a prominent Scat voice from the SRX 06: "Ain't Nothin Gonna Stop Us Now" I hope you like Disco..

It's a fun song and not meant to be taken too seriously. I hope you and anybody else who has a listen enjoys it.

Best,
Mike

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 12:32 PM

I've decided not to buy the E-60 unless and until the 3K is sold. I certainly can't afford to have a third keyboard of that quality and price right now. I looked at a CME UF70 controller board (under $500), but I think I will stick with the arranger fornow.

So, if you or anyone you know is interested in a PSR3000 in mint shape, drop me a line. For now, it's not being listed on eBay.

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 02:34 PM

I also wanted to mention to you Fran that you can actually put "198" files onto a USB flash drive when using the Sonic Cell. You can put 99 songs, etc. onto the 'root directory' of the flash drive and also put 99 files/songs, etc. into a roland "playlist" by using the Sonic Cell Playlist Editor software making a total of 198 files. The files in the playlist created by the Playlist Editor can be 'chained' to play one after the other automatically but I have yet to figure out how to chain play the songs that are placed directly into the root directory of the flash drive. There may be a way but I haven't stumbled across the solution yet. I suppose I could give Roland Tech a ring.

Anyway, I wanted to pass that along to you about not only buying extra flash drives to increase your playlist capacity but also to let you know that the limit on a single flash drive is not 99 files as you mentioned but in reality 198 files in total when you combine the root directory files i.e. (up to 99 files placed in the root directory) and also a created playlist (up to 99 files) using the Sonic Cell Playlist Editor, which equals 198 total.

So your reasoning for not buying the Sonic Cell again have just diminished by 50% Fran.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 01-07-2008).]

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 02:53 PM

>> Sorry for hijacking your thread Cass but I couldn't let Donny get away with his misleading statement about the Sonic Cell's sound quality comparison with the Midjay.

PS: If Donny doesn't appreciate my rebuttal to his statements to set the record straight one day he will.

BTW, you should be able to sell your PSR 3000 in relatively no time at all Cass. The PSR 3000 is certainly one of Yamaha's best mid-range arranger products ever made. And being in the pristine condition that it is can only go to help in selling it that much faster.

Best,
Mike

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 03:06 PM

My statement stands ....IMO The Midjay over the Sonic cell, probably more with the MJ+ also nuff said...Rebuttal?

Now on the 3k.....they have certainly took a steep drop in price ...I see on Ebay they are selling for only $700.00-$799.00 range since the S900 has come out.....amazing!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 04:13 PM

About the lowest price for a PSR-3000 I could find on Ebay was $850 plus shipping. $700 would be a great deal for one in pristine condition.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-07-2008).]

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 04:31 PM

Thanks, Gary. Donny's estimate only makes me want to hang on to it. I'd ship to an Szer for $850, minus the gigbag.

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 05:35 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-PSR-3000_W0QQ...1QQcmdZViewItem
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 08:10 PM

Click Here

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 08:26 PM

Gary thats items up for auction NOT SOLD yet!

do an advanced search on SOLD ITEMS only

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 08:34 PM

Donny, If you (I mean anyone) read the auction that you listed, you will find that there were scratches on the case and screen. I know I tend to back away from anything that has imperfections. I only buy and sell like-new equipment, and that includes cosmetics. $720 is pretty low-ball price, but it may be because of the description and the condition of the keyboard.

There are so many factors that influence an auction's final price. I spend a lot of time planning out and writing my ads. Pictures are also important; they must be clear, focused and show interesting items in detail.

I'm considering an eBay ad to start tomorrow night. If I do, I won't be taking anything less than $850 + shipping. So, if any SZ member wants a better deal than that, get hold of me ASAP.

cassp50@gmail.com

Re: PSR3000 for sale - 01/07/08 08:40 PM

Good luck Cass hope you do well on ebay.......

on ebay used is used.....
old is old....people are cheap cheap