different between pa2x and pa800

Posted by: rawand

different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/26/07 05:13 AM

Hi gues,
Is there any manger difference between KORG pa2x and pa800 interm if sound quality, scales and rhythm? The dissimilarity can’t be the key numbers only because there is a big difference between the price?
Thanks
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/26/07 06:47 AM

You may want to go over the specifications list of both of them and decide if the feature difference is worth the extra cost of the Pa2x. Check out the sound demos of each one also. To me they sound pretty similar from the .mp3 demos on Korg's web site but of course the only true test is a personal hands on demo of each keyboard yourself.

Pa2x specs

Pa800 specs

$2,699.00 for Pa800 61 keys

$3,550.00 (approx.) for Pa2x 76 semi-weighted keys

= your decision based on your needs...

Best,
Mike
Posted by: twiceduo

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/26/07 09:52 AM

Hello

I have both keyboard, and I can say there is a lot of difference in the sound the pax2 pro sound a lot better, and the style is remixet so the sound on the pax2 pro is come thrue on the style to the style is the same but sound and swing a lot better because of the remixe, and the are also new style. Somu Pa 800 is for sale.
Posted by: Diki

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/26/07 12:59 PM

Twice... is the PA800 upgraded to OS 1.5?
Posted by: twiceduo

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/27/07 08:45 AM

Yes and compare thrue the same pa and there is a lot better sound on the pa2xpro

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/27/07 12:19 PM

how is the quality of sound compare to YAMAHA, have you tried lisnte to MOTIF XS Yamaha, the sound is very clear. You can download the DEMO Movies from the following link:
http://yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_europe/e..._7_8/index.html

I just don’t know which one is better?

thanks
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/27/07 01:35 PM

You have to decide if you want an arranger or work station. It is $700 more and not an arranger, but has better sampling features. It is the same old story in that you can't kind everything in one keyboard unless you go for a Wersi or other high end board. You have to choose what features are most important to you and let your ears guide you from there.

Bernie

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/28/07 02:41 AM

That is good you mentioned that because I didn’t know the difference between arranger and workstation. Is pa2x arranger?
Is workstation sound quality better than arranger? And what arranger can do were workstation can’t?
thanks
Posted by: Y0shi

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/28/07 03:09 AM

Hi rawand, workstation and arranger often confuses many people. The difference is quite simple really though. A workstation is a synth, it has no styles or backing (it usually has arpeggiators for baselines etc), but has much more advanced editing facilities in terms of sounds and sequencing. An arranger is usually more geared towards real world sounds, has backing styles and is to be played live, it has limited sequencing and synthesis facilities. Of all 3 big makes though (Korg,Yamaha,Roland), Korg is the closest thing to having both at once. Yamaha is the most limited, offering very little in the way of sound editing and sampling. Hope this helps
Posted by: Y0shi

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/28/07 03:12 AM

Sorry I forgot to mention, PA2X is an arranger yes, Motif XS is a synth. Workstations(synthesisers) have better synth sounds and effects, arrangers have better sounding acoustic sounds in general and usually a vocal harmoniser.

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/30/07 06:22 AM

Hi,

The following site has some demo sound for pa1x, are these sound already on the keyboards or we have to purchase xms chip at is says on the demo video?
http://www.pa1xpro.de/korg_audio_video_demos.htm

thanks
rawand
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/30/07 07:30 AM

The sounds you hear on that site are only available in their expansion boards.

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/30/07 10:53 AM

expansion boards has to be purchased seperatly?

thanks for you support.
Posted by: mrdave

Re: different between pa2x and pa800 - 12/30/07 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rawand:
expansion boards has to be purchased seperatly?

thanks for you support.

It's so obvious.... for a website that sells such expansion boards...