BIAB problem

Posted by: brickboo

BIAB problem - 12/21/07 08:51 PM

Auido chord wizard doesn't work.
I click on the chord wizard and the tracks for the CD drive come to the screen. I choose the track and I get this message.
"Sorry cannot find CDRipperX.ocx."
Has anyone used this feature successfully?
Thanks again
Boo
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: BIAB problem - 12/22/07 08:44 AM

You need a new computer Boo..

Seriously, you might try uninstalling BIAB and then reinstalling it to see if that corrects it. Also, make sure your dinosaur is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Oops! I forgot.. they no longer support Windows 3.1. Just kidding. lol If you uninstall and reinstall make sure no other programs are running. You may want to use some type of diagnostic repair software like CCleaner or a demo version of TuneUp Utilities 2007, etc. to clean up your 1GB hard drive and repair any errors on your system including the registry. Defragmenting the hard drive is a good idea before installing software especially if the hard drives fragmentation is excessive.

And you might check on PG's web site to see if there is a knowledge base or FAQ's about the particular problem you are experiencing.

Sorry for rubbing it in Boo. I'm just teasing you of course. Maybe there will be a surprise under the tree in the form of a big box with the words Dell, etc. etched on it. You deserve it Boo.

Best,
Mike

Oh.. and Merry Christmas!
Posted by: cassp

Re: BIAB problem - 12/22/07 08:46 AM

Definitely contact PG Music. http://pgmusic.com/
Posted by: Diki

Re: BIAB problem - 12/22/07 11:13 AM

On the other hand, if Boo is having trouble fixing this problem, maybe he'll get a nice new iMac under his tree, and not have to deal with this anymore...

Seen the new Christmas Apple add? Funny stuff...!
Posted by: brickboo

Re: BIAB problem - 12/22/07 11:49 AM

This is installed on my new 2GB 120GBHD Duo Core Pentium Vista Home Premium, which is frustrating me
Posted by: abacus

Re: BIAB problem - 12/22/07 04:14 PM

I think the word Vista probably identifies the problem.
However forget the Mac, as apart from video graphics it is a waste of space, stick with XP.
The Real world can be a bitch.

Bill
Posted by: GlennT

Re: BIAB problem - 12/22/07 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
I think the word Vista probably identifies the problem

I don't have Vista, but I read somewhere that with Vista you can run a program in "XP" mode.
Posted by: abacus

Re: BIAB problem - 12/23/07 04:24 AM

Hi GlennT
It’s called Compatibility Mode, and was first introduced in XP, however if you go on the many forums you will find that both the XP and Vista versions have had limited success.
Regards

Bill
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: BIAB problem - 12/23/07 08:11 AM

Boo. As mentioned above go to www.pgmusic and select the BIAB Forum. They are very quick with answers normally.
Posted by: Jørgen Sørensen

Re: BIAB problem - 12/23/07 08:30 AM

Hi
www.pgmusic.com
Previous post missed ".com"
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: BIAB problem - 12/24/07 04:50 AM

Jørgen. Thanks foe adding the .com blame it on the brand of whisky I'm on at the moment...???
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: BIAB problem - 12/27/07 06:36 PM

Hi Boo,
check at the PG forum.
Some of the guys were definately using Vista
during the Beta testing of BIAB 2008.
Can't remember if there were any issues with Vista & Audio Chord Wizard.

Have you got the latest update Build 255.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brickboo:
[B]
Posted by: Jørgen Sørensen

Re: BIAB problem - 12/27/07 11:09 PM

Hi Graham

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Jørgen. Thanks foe adding the .com blame it on the brand of whisky I'm on at the moment...???

I know that brand. Believe me...

Happy New Year (= more of that stuff)
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site