Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha

Posted by: mc

Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 11/29/07 04:23 AM

I sold my Ketron sd5 this past weekend, ending a ten year relationship with ketron products. I purchased a S900, which I love. I has many features that I wish the sd5 had, but doesn't. Lets see how it goes,

I have thought about the Audya, but I have a feeling that it will have 3500-4000 price tag. Those days are over for me. plus I'm worried that it will be a repackaged sd5/1/x1/xd5. (which I owned all of these before).

I have a new life with Yamaha and looking forward, what they have to offer.
Posted by: pasadoble

Re: Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 11/29/07 04:30 AM

Congrats on your new purchase..Ketron never really grabbed my attention so went with the S900....enjoy your new direction.

Rgds
Noel
Posted by: donpatt

Re: Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 11/29/07 04:36 AM

Congrats on the new S900! Hope you enjoy.

Maybe you can answer this question for me. I posted this on the Yamaha Keyboard forum and got no response.

Is the software for the MFC10 midi foot controller installed in the S900 as it is on the T2??

Thanks,
Don P
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 11/29/07 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by donpatt:
Congrats on the new S900! Hope you enjoy.

Maybe you can answer this question for me. I posted this on the Yamaha Keyboard forum and got no response.

Is the software for the MFC10 midi foot controller installed in the S900 as it is on the T2??

Thanks,
Don P

Don,

Only the TYROS and TYROS2 have the midi mapping for the MFC-10 built into their OS and not the PSR-3000 or the S-900.

Ian
Posted by: cassp

Re: Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 11/29/07 08:05 AM

mc - good luck with your Yamaha. This is my second time around with the Yammies. The OS has much to offer and third party support is second to none.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 11/30/07 08:33 PM

Hi MC
congratulations on your new keyboard.
Sometimes it's nice to just have a change.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mc:
[B]I
Posted by: jedi

Re: Good bye Ketron, Hello Yamaha - 12/01/07 07:15 AM

Hey MC,

Best of luck with your new S900 !!

That board has some of the best sounds for the price !!

Take care,

Gary 