PSR9000-Ambience DSP

Posted by: Paul A Smith

PSR9000-Ambience DSP - 02/04/01 12:14 PM

Hi All,

I've been experimenting with the little used "ambience" dsp, I find it gives the styles more presence, I've listed the precedure below, the style section uses DSP block 3, I know from reading this and other forums that some owners have problems activating it, so here goes:-

1. Choose a style, press digital recording button, select style creator, then full edit, press mixing console button.

2. Choose "EFF type" page, on the left of screen select dsp 3 and on the right select "ambience" (it's about the 20th preset effect up from the bottom).

3. Press the "exit" button, select the "store/clear" page and save as a custom style.

To activate the new assigned effect, press mixing console button, select "eff depth", press mixing console button repeatedly until the component sections of the style are shown, turn the "dsp 3" levels up 64, press mixing console until the main keyboard sections are shown and ensure "dsp3" on the "acmp" is set at a reasonable level, by turning the level on and off you should hear the difference the "ambience" makes. I have found setting "dsp3" on RHY1 and RHY2 lower than the rest of the style parts gives better results for some styles, store the setting as part of a normal registration.

Hope this is of use to PSR9000 owners.

Regards, Paul.
Posted by: Paul A Smith

Re: PSR9000-Ambience DSP - 02/19/01 10:49 AM

Hi All,

As Donny New Jersey has raised the issues of tweaking the PSR9000, I thought I would bring a posting I made a while back out of the archive. Using "ambience" DSP on the styles really does make a "big" difference, it seems to expand and give more depth to the stereo image. I have now started using it most of the time. The above instructions will also work with the 9000PRO.

Paul.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PSR9000-Ambience DSP - 02/19/01 11:38 AM

hey Paul ,

thanx for the info on the DSP. now all we gotta do is figure how to put EFX on Custom Multi pads? :>)

Thanx

Donny NJ

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-19-2001).]
Posted by: DonM

Re: PSR9000-Ambience DSP - 02/19/01 08:13 PM

Donny,
You set the effects on the voice BEFORE you record it to Multipads. Then the effects will be stored also.
DonM
Posted by: Dnj

Re: PSR9000-Ambience DSP - 02/21/01 04:42 AM

Don, Paul,

Yipppeeee! It worked. You are correct Don, just set the Reverb on your selected sound BEFORE you record the Multi Pad Part and "PRESTO" there it is when you listen to it. Thanx for all your help. I am also enjoying taking parts from one Style Variation and Pasting it to another creating a completly New Groove.

L8tr

Donny NJ