Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K?

Posted by: Dnj

Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 03:34 PM

I loaded a great style to user on the 2k.... but when I use it to play a song there is now OTS with it. Can It be attached somehow?

thanx
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 06:39 PM

No problem. First select the instruments that you wish to place on an OTS button. Select the main, layer and left, then set the volumes accordingly. Next, press the "memory' button located on the lower right side of the keyboard, then select the OTS button relative to the main button that you've selected. For example A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4. A new screen will open that says OTS has been changed... Press yes and the style screen will open. Make sure the correct style is highlighted, then select "save" and "OK". A new screen will open and tell you the style already exists and do you wish to overwrite the style. Press yes and the new style with new OTS settings will be in place. The procedure must be followed for each OTS setting.

Cheers.

Gary

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 08:15 PM

Thanx for the help on the OTS......

Now once you set your OTS sounds saved to the styles...
and lets say you get another 2k or go on vaction and play someones 2k at their house and you want to set up their 2k EXACTLY the SAME as yours including..Voc, OTS, REG, Music Finder, user styles, etc.... what is the easiest way to do that?

thanx
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 08:22 PM

Donny...
I just got my 2nd PSR 2000. I saved all my regs, user styles, and custom multi-pads to disk. Very simple matter to load it all into the 2nd KB.
Eddie
Posted by: DonM

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 08:32 PM

I have my full setup on floppies. I leave a copy at my friend's club and use my own setup when I play on his kb.
DonM

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 08:37 PM

So lets recap.......

how many FLOPPIES do I need to do this right and save everything and Reload it back into another KB?

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 08:38 PM

Probably just one. I thing the User memory of the kb is less than one floppy.
DonM

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 09:10 PM

Ok Don,

I get it now

COPY/PASTE Im just so 9k orientated :>)
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 10:55 PM

Donny,
why did you sell your PRS 9000?

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/14/03 11:05 PM

I sold both 9k's.....

1- Too Heavy to haul, setup, etc etc...

2- No need for HD I use a Laptop on stage

3- 2k almost gives me the same... so for now

Im Lightweigh, very portable, and no loss to my act.

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/15/03 06:46 AM

Smart move Donny. That's the same reason I sold both 5700s, and several other items. Still have one heck of a load to move into every job, but at least I don't need a fork lift for the keyboards anymore. Now if someone would only make lightweight speakers that have the same frequency response and bottom end as those 80 pounders I lug around. Oh well, at least I still have the refrigerator dolly for those.

Cheers,

Gary

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/15/03 08:15 AM

What kind of speakers do you use? There is many alternative for lightweigh without sacraficing sound.

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/15/03 11:22 AM

I haul a pair of Peavey SP-5G's to most of the larger jobs and they're powered with a Peavey XR-600F Stereo amp/mixer. The combinateion sounds great and the frequency range is awesome. With this combo I've played jobs with up to 1,200 people in banquet halls measuring up to 10,000 square feet. However, it takes two people to put the speakers on stands, and sometimes, when it's time to leave, I'm the last person in the building which means I have to get them down by myself. This wasn't a problem when I was a young man, but this is no longer the case. At 62 I need to lighten the load, especially with the speakers, but I will not do so at the expense of sound quality. Any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-15-2003).]

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/15/03 11:36 AM

Oh, I almost forgot. Not only do I play the keyboards, but I also sing, which has a great deal of bearing on the sound quality of the PA system I use. I'm one of those guys that has a deep, relatively soft voice, sounding somewhat like Nat King Cole. Most of the smaller speakers I've tried, including some high priced EV models that touted great frequency response, required the addition of a powered bass, and or a sub-woofer to achieve the same quality. Sure, they were lightweight, but most had no bottom end.

As for saving your PSR-2000 settings on a floppy, each file is relatively small and you can store dozens of set-ups on a single disk. I store four MFD gig files, plus a couple dozen banks of registrations and 20 user style files on a single floppy. You can quickly load all the information into another PSR-2000, which is why I have an identical spare that's fully loaded and ready to go. If one were to suddenly die on the job, the other is fired up and no one is the wiser.

Thanks again,

Gary

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/15/03 12:48 PM

gary...

I would suggest if you need Portability and Power and great sound all around go with a Mackie setup like:

1- Mackie SWA1801/SWA1501 SUB http://www.mackie.com/sr/swa1501/index.html http://www.mackie.com/sr/swa1801/

2- Mackie SRM 450 speakers http://www.mackie.com/sr/srm450/index.html

Hard to beat !

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/15/03 04:44 PM

Checked out the specs at the website, and altough the speakers have great range, they weigh more than the ones I'm lugging around now. The 1501 tips the scales at 88 pounds and the 1801s weigh 132 pounds each. There were no specs on the weight of the 450s, but I have a local dealer that carries them and I'll take a look at them tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip,

Gary
Posted by: AlexGreen

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/16/03 06:51 AM

Garry;

The weight of the Mackie SRM450 speaker is 51 pounds and as Donny said one of the best around.

The best speaker I have ever had.
Alex

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/16/03 07:57 AM

You can alway put the swa1501 sub on a dolly and just roll it in. The 450's are no problem to put up on poles.

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/16/03 08:22 AM

Thanks guys,

I'll put the 450s to the test after this weekend's gig. I have a friend that owns a major music store and has them in stock. Fortunately, he'll allow me to try before I buy. The acid test is to let my wife of 40 years hear them. After four decades of nuptual bliss, she has no qualms about voicing her opinion. Besides, like most ladies, she probably has a better ear than a lot of musicians.

thanks again for all your help,

Gary

Re: Can You Add OTS to a USER Style on 2K? - 01/16/03 08:45 AM

Having heard the 450s, I have no doubt you will love them, if you don't mind the weight and cost. They probably sound better than most all the competition.
I also really like the new Peavey powered speakers, but they are even heavier.
DonM