psr2000 questions

Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

psr2000 questions - 04/08/05 06:39 PM

I can't find any info and I've been through the manual twice. There is a 'user' sytle button where you can load styles in there but I have no idea how to do it.

Also, there are styles on a psr740, which I don't have anymore, that I want on the 2000. Can I get them off my friend's 740? Or are the 740 style files anywhere online?
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/08/05 07:58 PM

you have mail..
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/08/05 08:09 PM

SemiLiveMusic,
Congratz on your picking up a 2000!
Let us know how you get on with it.
I am sure it will give you a lot of enjoyment.

------------------
The old Newb

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/08/05 08:23 PM

Thanks!

You would think there would be a paragraph to tell how to load styles into the keyboard but I cannot find it.

I just found I could push the 'User' style button and open a window and create a new folder under 'User." Which I promptly misspelled and now I can't figure out how to edit it. Nor do I see how to add a style file.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/08/05 09:30 PM

Bill,

Call me in the morning, after 10 a.m. and I'll walk you through the procedure. Nothing to it.

Additionally, here's the best written instructions on using the 2000 you'll find anywhere. http://psrtutorial.com/L/lessons.html More solid information than you can imigine and easy to read instructions.

Gary
Posted by: DonM

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/08/05 10:16 PM

Bill, just give me a call. It's simple once you know how.
Don

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/09/05 05:48 AM

Okay, thanks, I will call one of you!

In case you guys don't know... does anyone know how many styles I can add onboard?

Oldnewb, yep, now I'm having fun again. Much better than a 740.

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/09/05 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Additionally, here's the best written instructions on using the 2000 you'll find anywhere. http://psrtutorial.com/L/lessons.html More solid information than you can imigine and easy to read instructions.

THAT is what I was looking for, thanks! I had seen that page a couple of days ago but I went back and for some reason, I couldn't find that page. That's very helpful. Real world help instead of a manual.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/09/05 06:07 AM

Bill,

The PSR-3000 can hold from 15 to 25 user styles in its memory, depending on the size of the files. Keep in mind, however, that you can also store up to 35 with OTS settings on a single floppy disk, and access them instantly. That's one of the things that prompted me to create the Gig Disk series a couple years ago. You can find them at http://psrtutorial.com/Files/GD_gary.html . Essentially, they are nothing but third party styles that have been renamed to appropriate song titiles. You can download them for free and they will provide you with lots of options, including creating your own gig disks from those posted.

Good Luck,

Gary

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/09/05 06:27 AM

Okay, I read on psrTutorial that you can add records to the MusicFinder but the number you add affects how many user styles, as well. Meaning, using up memory. Thus, I assume it is not possible to know how many styles you can add to the psr2000.

Anyone know this... can you delete styles on the psr2000 that you never use to make room for other styles you'd like to add?

EDIT: psrTutorial said you cannot delete the original MusicFinder file because it is part of permanent memory (but you can add another MusicFinder file), so, I assume you cannot delete a style onboard. I assume it would be part of permanent memory.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 04-09-2005).]
Posted by: DonM

Re: psr2000 questions - 04/09/05 08:50 AM

Correct, factory styles and musicfinder can't be removed. However the musicfinder takes very little memory. Styles also don't take a lot of memory. Songs take more. I used to play all songs from floppy and have user styles in the user memory.
DonM