Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro.

Posted by: jerry6681

Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/18/06 01:56 PM

A 'Smooth Jazz' interpretation of the Song.. "Do It Again".. with Vocal and Flute Improvisation. This was done with the Pa1X Pro and Korg D3200 Digital Recorder.

Jerry
http://storeandserve.com/download/108161/Do_It_Again.mp3.html
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/18/06 02:51 PM

Hi Jerry
It might be me, but, I couldn't find your song.

Bernie
Posted by: retal

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/18/06 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Hi Jerry
It might be me, but, I couldn't find your song.

Bernie

hey, click on download then scroll down it's there
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/18/06 04:14 PM

Jerry:

One of my favorite "Steely Dan" tunes. Great job with it!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-18-2006).]
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/18/06 05:13 PM

Very nicely done...great vocals and clever flute solo.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ian
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/18/06 06:38 PM

Jerry ... really nice job on this tune ...
..loved the flute solo ...
t.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/19/06 12:01 AM

Jerry,
first thing that comes to mind, the sound quality of the recording is very good: what recorder did you use?
Second, I liked the delay effect on the voice; I wouldn't have minded another verse of the song before starting the impro, that maybe comes in too early.
Third, I liked a lot your flute improvisation.
Fourth, I think that the style you've chosen is very cool; did you add the percussions or were they part of the style? And what style did you use? The only thing I can suggest is maybe going from one variation to another as the song progresses, to build up a crescendo, but I have no idea of how the other variations of the style sound.

So... I guess that I liked your song.
Posted by: jerry6681

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/19/06 07:50 AM

Hi Dreamer,
I did change variations but they are subtle on this particular style. Percussion is part of the style.

Jerry
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Song.. Do It Again, with Vocal and Flute Improvisation on Pa1X Pro. - 02/20/06 03:23 PM

Jerry,

I too liked the song and the effects on the vocals.

Tom