What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

Posted by: DonM

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/26/03 10:51 AM

It's a great song but, I think it would be interesting to know who's playing where.
I know Gary is hosting his own party.
I'm playing at the Officer's Club at Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, LA.
Big dinner and dance in the ball room.
DonM
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/26/03 11:48 AM

My upcoming New Years Eve gigs were pre-booked over a year ago. I'll be ringing in the new years 3 x in one night, setting the clock ahead to an hour before midnight at each. First doing a 5:00pm show for a nursing home facility, then ringing in the new year again for an upscale retirement community from 7-9, followed by a Country Club gala on the other side of town, to ring 2004 one final time at the 'acutal' local time. It looks to be a busy night. New Years Eve is the highest paying single night for me and the week between Christmas & New Years Eve the quietest. I'm definitely enjoying the rest now. Wishing a great upcoming New Year 2004 to all - Scott
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/26/03 12:48 PM

Doing a nursing home at 2...and a fancy country club 8:30-12:30.

Like Scott, I usually don't have anything between Christmas and New Years...but this year I have a private house party on the 27th. But, still coping with the back problem.
Eddie
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/26/03 12:54 PM

Scott...
What time does that 3rd gig start? Sounds like an awfully tight schedule from one to the next.
Eddie
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/26/03 01:34 PM

Hi Eddie, yes a little tight, but definitely do-able. Though the 3rd gig is 15-20 minutes away from the previous one. I don't start at the Country Club till 10:30 pm, as they also have an act performing before me. Setup time should be a quick snap as I'll be going thru their impressive sounding in house PA system & getting assistance from their stage & sound crew. - Scott
Posted by: Roel

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/26/03 01:35 PM

I won't be playing music, but have so called "call-out duty" for my real profession. I'm in IT-business (automation) for energy delivery (natural gas) so I might be anywhere in The Netherlands working or just at home..... with NO (!) alcohol
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/27/03 09:22 AM

.. no playing this year.... going out with friends for the first time in many years ...
t.
Posted by: GlennT

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/28/03 01:42 PM

Not much... tho I've been thinking 'bout crashing Gary's party.
Posted by: Keith W. Bailey

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/28/03 02:06 PM

I am playing at an assisted living home for seniors. This is the fourth year, and they have no intention of staying up 'til midnight!!! The program is at 2 o'clock on New Years Eve. I am not envious of Scot yee and his 3 gigs that night, but I hope his strength holds out! Go get them Scot
kwebe2003

------------------
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/28/03 04:17 PM

Always room for a couple more Glenn--c'mon over!

Gary
Posted by: KFingers

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/29/03 02:26 AM

Playing a "Bowls" Club here in the UK. It's where my dad plays in the winter so it will be a mix of normal business and family and friends. Happy new year to all and trust all your gigs go well if you have to work.

KF
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/29/03 11:07 AM

Well,

as I posted earlier, today I'm off to Florida for one week
Palmtrees, shunshine, beach and warm wheather.
Celebrating my wifes birthday and our wedding aniversary.

See ya all next year.
Happy new year.

Eric
Posted by: 3351

Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - 12/29/03 11:39 AM

The usual.
Having a party with my band at my drummer's house. It's gonna be LOUD!

-ED-