Have a listen: (Second) version of my Song. Input Welcome!

Posted by: squeak_D

Have a listen: (Second) version of my Song. Input Welcome! - 01/10/06 12:12 PM

Here's another quick recording of the first sound track composition I posted yesterday.

I made some changes though. I changed the key signature. I also took the custom string voice and separted it idividually by voice, made some more changes to them.

I also added a french horn. The MP-3 again doesn't do it justice. I sounds really nice on my WK-3500.

I recorded the string ensemble on one track, slow cello on another, and then french horn over top. I'm fiddling around with the oboe and bassoon to see what kind of flavor they'll add.

Also use your EQ's on your media players if needed.

Any input is welcome

Regards,
Squeak
http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23ILPI6VNBZ462UUPPWTVSWAAA
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Have a listen: (Second) version of my Song. Input Welcome! - 01/10/06 12:24 PM

Hi Squeak: Didn't have a chance to hear your first version, but I do like this one, of which the chord progression sounds remarkably similar to Pacebel's Canon.

Composing tip: try to come up with a begining,middle, and ending to your song, so you know the direction 'where' you're going to, and how to get to each point, and how to get to the ending as well.

I look forward to hearing your song on completion.

Scott
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Have a listen: (Second) version of my Song. Input Welcome! - 01/10/06 12:27 PM

Hot damn I knew that progression reminded me of something too, but couldn't put my finger on it. Crap! Wasn't going for Pacebels's Canon. Ah well back to the drawing board for some more changes

Thanks for the input Scott.

Squeak