Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard !

Posted by: Scottyee

Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/13/05 03:44 PM

Watch as my cousin demonstrates how to play the drums on the KB:
PLAY DEMO CLIP!

NOTE: You'll need Windows Media Player to play this. Be patient, the file may take more than a few seconds to download, but the entertainment value is well worth the wait.

And you guys thought the keys on Yamaha PSR Keyboards were too small

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-13-2005).]
Posted by: Mainer

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/13/05 04:14 PM

Scott

That is wild - what fun thank you.

Jerry
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/13/05 04:19 PM

Cool
Posted by: Michael P. Bedesem

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/13/05 05:02 PM

WoW!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/13/05 09:37 PM

VERY KOOL
Posted by: KFingers

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 03:07 AM

Love that crazy drum solo - Thanks Scott

KF
Posted by: abacus

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 03:53 AM

Brings back memories, I remember seeing my first drum solo played on a keyboard in the middle eighties, It was performed by Max Takana on Yamaha HX1 Electone, and if memory serves correct was done in the middle section of Tico Tico, Max also had the drums mapped to the pedal board, to allow more notes to be played, it truly was amazing.
Interestingly only a few Professional Organ keyboard players feature it today, but it still knocks me out.

Bill
Posted by: acoustictones

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 06:16 AM

I just like it when he says "Now this is Rock and Roll"

Very funny
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 06:24 AM

WOW . that's great . thnx, Scott .... and thank your cousin ...
t.
Posted by: paulinez

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 09:41 AM

Hi Scott

That was fantastic. He really can move those fingers. Thanks
Pauline
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 10:25 AM

Scott,
I'm sooooo glad you posted this video for others to see. This is exactly how I play drums on my keyboard. It took me a LONG LONG LONG time to do it, but in the end it really pays off to learn to play drums this way on the keys. I don't use the small keys he used, but it really shows you what you can do with a lot of practice.

I always trip my friends out when they see and hear me play drums on my keyboard or my drum machine. I play my drum machines just like a kit. I assign the kick drum and hi-hats to pedals, and then play the pads like a kit. It really pays off in the end.

I wish I was able to set up a video of me doing this, but I don't have the stuff for this. I have a digital camera that records video, but it doesn't do sound.

Again thanks for posting this. I'm so glad you showed others what can be accomplished by learning to play manual drums on the keys.

Squeak
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 10:52 AM

Ok guys, here's more information on the keyboard itself:

Creative Prodikeys , a duo keyboard, integrating 37 'touch sensitive' midi keys with a standard PC keyboard. You no longer have to step away from the PC to play keyboard music:

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
This is exactly how I play drums on my keyboard.I always trip my friends out when they see and hear me play drums on my keyboard. I wish I was able to set up a video of me doing this, but I don't have the stuff for this.

Come on Squeak, seeing & hearing is believing. How bout getting one of your friends to record it so we can all watch! - Scott

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 11:28 AM

No prob! I'll see if the wife can hook up our digital to or computer and so that it can do the video and the computer can pick up the audio.

Squeak
Posted by: LindaFus

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 11:49 AM

Ok,
I own one of these. Yes, I own one. I use it sometimes too.

I have seen this video before and I tell you I can not do that. That guy has magical fingers. Amazing. Now Squeak...when is your video coming out?

Can't wait to see it. You can beat his performance we KNOW you can!

hehe
-Linda
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 12:23 PM

There is no doubt the guy is talented, and I don't mean to diminish that at all, but after thinking about it, I think what makes it more amazing to us is that the sound is 'drums' ... if he were playing on a 'normal' (musical) keyboard we would be impressed with his technique, but probably not as impressed as we are because the sound is that of a drum kit ... I would also think that we have seen really good kb or organ players utilizing the same techniques ... in fact I think that if the corresponding notes were written out for the better 'piano' players around here (Scott??? and others), and they heard the musical notes but the drum sounds were recorded, they would produce the same results....
t.

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 01:43 PM

Linda,
I will try HARD to get his video out to the Zone to show others it can be done. I think I can do it with my digital camera used to record the video and my computer to do the audio

I can do his drum fills, runs down the toms, ect., but I'll do mine more funky (heavier rock) with some bell (ride cymbal) work and so on.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-14-2005).]
Posted by: Diki

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/14/05 02:37 PM

Sorry, but if THAT is rock and roll, the King IS dead!!
Posted by: LindaFus

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/15/05 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Linda,
I will try HARD to get his video out to the Zone to show others it can be done. I think I can do it with my digital camera used to record the video and my computer to do the audio

I can do his drum fills, runs down the toms, ect., but I'll do mine more funky (heavier rock) with some bell (ride cymbal) work and so on.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-14-2005).]

Squeak,

I can't wait to see it! Maybe I can learn to do it also from your video? I used to have an Alesis SR16 drum machine that worked well for me attached to a synth but I have never mastered the arranger keyboard drum kits.

Something for me to work at. Looking forward to you presentation!

-Linda
Posted by: flatfoot

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/15/05 09:20 AM

I have a video of a guy doing something like this on a Casio. On of the tricks is doing rolls on a single note. On the left hand it would go like this: 4321234321234...on any ONE key. He says it took hom a long time to get right, and it is not a skill that even a good piano player would necessarily have.

I knew an accordion player who could really crank out these single-note rolls. He got a unique kind of tremolo/sustain effect that was quite exciting when used sparingly.

Douglas Wolfe

Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Must see: Amazing Video Clip Demo on How To Play Drums on the Keyboard ! - 10/15/05 09:34 AM

Thanks Scotty.....I told you that you Chinese were very talented.....great family.
Tony Rome