SD 1 - blank screen

Posted by: ChristianK

SD 1 - blank screen - 09/15/02 08:21 AM

HELP ME!!
If I turn my SD 1 on, I just get a blank screen. I can hear a floppy disk sound and after that nothing happens any more. The system does not boot - at least it looks like. What I would like to do is a reset. I guess that there is a key combination which I have to press while turning the unit on. So, does anyone know this keys or had a similar problem?
Thanks for helping.

Christian
Posted by: DanO1

Re: SD 1 - blank screen - 09/15/02 11:32 AM

Press Save enter and F7 2 times .

I do not think this will help however .
Since your in New York ....call Bell Duovox @ 1-800-734-5418 or email bellsolton@aol.com . dano

danosmusic@aol.com
Posted by: Roel

Re: SD 1 - blank screen - 09/15/02 11:33 AM

Hi Christian,

It sounds like your SD1 is messed up with an (incomplete ?) Operating system.
You could try to download OS 3 at first from the www.ketron.it website. (software)
Follow the instructions given :
Insert a floppydisk with the unzipped files into the drive.
While switching on the SD1, keep F6 pressed and your 'upgrading' will start automatically.

Hope this helps !

Roel
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: SD 1 - blank screen - 09/15/02 12:58 PM

Christian,
Roel is correct; however, if his suggestion fails, chances are that you have a problem with the motherboard. In any case, if you purchased the SD1 less than one year ago, you are entitled to a free repair with complete replacement of the defective part at any authorized Ketron center.
Andrea
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SD 1 - blank screen - 09/16/02 02:34 AM

I have the same problem and after talking with John at Newyork Ketron, He refer me to contac with my local Ketron aut service center and after 32 days of waiting for my keyboard to be fixed. Turn on the power = samething again,all I can see is blank screen.