Floppy disk drive on PSR9000

Posted by: Anonymous

Floppy disk drive on PSR9000 - 01/21/00 07:13 AM

I have two questions about the floppy disk drive on PSR9000.

First, my PSR9000 can't read the styles disk that is shipped with the keyboard. 'Unformatted disk' error message. That
can't be right my PC can read the disk and list its contents.

Second, HD disks formatted on PSR9000 only have a capacity of 720K, and once formatted on PSR9000, they can't be
read by the PC. Why?

Any help much appreciated!

Ernest.
Posted by: Clif Anderson

Re: Floppy disk drive on PSR9000 - 01/22/00 05:46 PM

I would ask if other PSR9k owners have the same problems. You might have a floppy drive with a misaligned head. If the operating system only supports 720k floppy disks, then it will not matter whether what you format is HD or 2D.
Clif
Posted by: Marek

Re: Floppy disk drive on PSR9000 - 01/24/00 01:53 AM

Hello Ernest,

> First, my PSR9000 can't read the styles disk that is shipped with the keyboard.
> 'Unformatted disk' error message. That can't be right my PC can read the disk and
> list its contents.
>
Can your keyboard read another floppy disks formatted with a PC? If no, your floppy drive is probably faulty.
Try to copy some styles to a DOS formatted floppy disk and it should be read by the keyboard.

> Second, HD disks formatted on PSR9000 only have a capacity of 720K, and once formatted
> on PSR9000, they can't be read by the PC. Why?
>
720K?????
How is the size of your harddisk? Did you mean harddisk (HD) or floppy disk (FD)?
As I know there are some problems with the current OS version and harddisks, but mine was formatted correctly to 2 GB (PC could not read it, but that was another problem).

Regards

Marek