Need CW Waltz for G70

Posted by: DonM

Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/18/06 02:56 PM

It doesn't have one, can you believe that?
Also doesn't have a decent Bluegrass, but I can work around that.
Does anyone have a Country Western Waltz for G70?
Thanks,
DonM
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/18/06 03:32 PM

check your mail Gumba
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/18/06 04:44 PM

Are you covered Don..or do you need my magic
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/18/06 04:48 PM

Hi Don

I haven't been around much lately. So you now have a G70? What about the Tyros 2?

Inquiring minds want to know

Scott

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/18/06 06:44 PM

DNJ took care of me, thanks!
Scott, I sold the T2 to Tony Rome. I'm not sure why!!
Until I get something else, I'm using one of HankB's G70s.
DonM
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/18/06 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Scott, I sold the T2 to Tony Rome. I'm not sure why!!
Until I get something else, I'm using one of HankB's G70s.
DonM

Actually, "Don Mason" made me an offer I coudn't refuse, ya know wot I mean???
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 01:15 AM

Hi Don,
not waiting on a new Ketron??? or may you become a new Roland convert?
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonM:
[B]

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
DonM

Good luck with the G70 Don....if you need more help you know how to reach me......
Posted by: Diki

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 08:09 AM

'Cos Donny can show you how to bail on the G70 and T2 and go back to whatever you were using a year ago....

Plus ca change.......

(just kidding, guys!)

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 09:16 AM

I've had probably 5 times as many arrangers as Donny! Just this year I've had Tyros, SD1, Midjay, and Tyros 2. Now using G70 until I get to see Korg PA800 and maybe Ketron SD5. Looks as if the PA800 will be a winner.
DonM

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 09:21 AM

Play em, dump em, mix em, sell em, rebuy em,
trade em, its all good, its all about making $$ & music!

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 09:26 AM

Play em, dump em, mix em, sell em, re-buy em,
trade em, its all good, its all about making $$ & music!

Don has been my Keyboard Dumpmiester Mentor
for years....

Seriously, I wanna try the Pa800....
but look forward to the new PSR3000 upgrade coming soon also.

have fun btw the 3k stays by my side always

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 09:28 AM

I just listened to the PA800 scat voices..they are to die for...I mean literally..not as bad as Yamaha's try with the 9000..They are on par with the dah voices on my G1000, but no where at the level of the Newer Roland G70 , DisCover5 , Va series etc.

I liked the steel guitar on the Pa800[although it is repackaged from the big brother PA1X]..Nothing really new to me..

Did they correct the lousy variations with in a style[changing of the band]..

They also need to re do the operating system when it comes to organizing styles , sequences etc.

Still a no brainer to me..Diki, Roland still rules..Yamaha and korg are not better than the G70..even out of the box..

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 09:59 AM

Would it be too difficult for Roland to put a Break/fill button on the G7? Or dedicated intro-ending buttons for each intro and ending?
Or multi-pads?
They do SO many things right, but leave off elementary stuff like this.
Yes, there is a mute-break, but it must be accessed either by footswitch or programmed switch, and it merely stops everything for a beat, not very useful.
Also, the one-touch settings always change the keyboard mode to Intelligent. I don't want it to do that, but there's no way around it. It would be so simple to add this to the freeze parameters.
And there aren't enough true Global parameter settings. I'd like to set the key split, touch, aftertouch, etc., where I want them and not have to do everything from User Programs.
And I don't suppose they play Country Waltzs where the Roland programmers live. They must not live in Texas!
DonM

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:10 AM

And don't forget Diki's chord sequencer.....and make it 30 pounds

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:15 AM

Don I use a user program to set my keyboard up..it stays that way all night, I can change the styles , tones and everything I need with in the User program,,,I think Rolands design is the best..

You guys are getting too use to Yamaha's gimmick features like pads..especially for a guy like you[a player]..You don't need that junk

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:26 AM

I don't consider the pads a gimmick, rather an added feature. If you wanna see gimmick, look at the D-beam thing! Wooo, watch me wave my hand and do magic!
I also use a User Program to set everything up. I am going through the programs that I suppose Donny set up, and if one is useable for me, I have to change the mentioned parameters and resave. Just a pain in the butt is all, not serious.
I'd settle for 20 pounds lighter, but nothing more than that.
I've been experimenting with the Vocal Harmony: Outstanding, easy to use, sounds great, very versatile. I hope the Korg is similar. The VH was the primary reason I didn't stay with PA80 a few years ago.
DonM

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:30 AM

Are you fooling around with the guitar mode?

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:31 AM

Not yet.

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:32 AM

Let me know what you think of it ..in a real world use..

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:35 AM

The G70 has many beneficial features I really loved SMF playback & editing, makeup feature, ability to edit drum sets, VH, ........
and honestly I didn't care for the overall sound of the styles & some instrumentations, solo sounds but that's my personal opinion more then anything else....plus I didn't have the time to devote to all that editing to hopefully make it what I needed to perform, but that doesn't mean someone else couldn't have it work fantastic for their musical needs....the weight was something I just endured...I also wished it had a dual mic input w/ separate FX also. D beam I had no need for. Has any of this been changed in the E80?

Re: Need CW Waltz for G70 - 10/19/06 10:57 AM

here is the real king talking about basics..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0cbMkOvY0&mode=related&search=