FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you

Posted by: tony mads usa

FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 11:20 AM

ok, the year is coming to an end, and I am going to 'fess up to a charade that didn't work ... A few weeks back there was a lot of bickering about whose board is better, whether to use styles or midi files, etc.,etc,.etc,. ...
So I thought I would try something and signed in as "guy n" ... a 'newbie' to the forum... I posted a couple of songs under the "Let's hear those arrangers" thread, without stating what kb I was using, and while I rec'd some positive feedback and constructive criticism from Andrea, Scott Yee, and andym, I did not get the desired response from some of the regulars and 'pros' around here, which was disappointing... perhaps the playing wasn't good enough to spark anyone to comment, or people didn't want to say "you s**k" ...
Anyway, earlier this year I promised myself I would post a song for all the S-Z world to hear and critique, and since the prior songs were posted by "guy n", who will no longer exist, and since this year only has a few hours left, I have decided to post the following:
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0N2APQDB9H69W3N4WB1GHGYGUF

I created the background on my technics kn6000 a while back, and added the vocal today ... Of course I should have recorded the vocal earlier too, because today I have a cold ... but here it is, as they say, 'for better or worse' ...
PS... I haven't listened to the mp3 version as yet ... soooo ....
Happy New Year All ...
t.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 11:52 AM

First, Tony I dont know why you needed to post as an alias...we're all friends here so no need for that....

As for your song, I enjoyed its Michael Bubleesque' groove very much, as I think its nice to hear such standards in a different light..great style choice...although I would just add a bit a strings to pad the left hand & fill in the empty spots..........Your singing was very nice although a bit "Over Modulated" at certain points along the way, the Accordian also gove a european flair to it too which I love... ALL IN ALL A GREAT JOB....!
Happy New Year....Hope to hear many more from "TONY"

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
First, Tony I dont know why you needed to post as an alias...we're all friends here so no need for that....
Happy New Year....Hope to hear many more from "TONY"

Donny ... I was just hoping to get some opinions without people knowing what kind of kb I was using ... nothing devious intended...

Thanks for the feedback, and be careful what you ask for ... ...
t. :cool
Posted by: DonM

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 12:28 PM

Tony, I just haven't had ANY free time for the past few weeks. But that's a good thing!
DonM
Posted by: lahawk

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 12:34 PM

Hey Tony,

That was nice..I enjoyed it very much.
I liked the accordian...your voice blended nice with the background music. Nice job.

Oh yea....I knew "guy n" was you all the time. It's like a Giant fan trying to hide in Philly....you can't disguise it

Thanks for sharing your talent, and Happy New Year.

Larry H.

------------------
SynthZone Frapper
Posted by: George V

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 05:47 PM

HAH!
So you were the guy who posted that Blue Bossa!
I'll listen to your song tomorrow. I just came home after a tiring 8-hours celebration of the new year.
Good luck!

George
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 12/31/05 06:04 PM

Tony:

Ah ha!!

I had a pretty good idea it could have been you. There were a couple of give aways the first was Blue Bossa. Not sure whether you recall but when Deb and I came to listen to you at Lincoln CC a couple of months ago you played Blue Bossa. The song is one of my favorites and I liked your style the night I heard you play live it stuck in my head. I thought to myself when hearing "Guy N" play it, wow this guy sounds so much like Tony but I thought I'm not going to accuse "Guy N" of being Tony. Anyway when you called your self an East Coast office guy I really thought something was up.

By the way you also played Summer Wind that evening after playing Blue Bossa. Nice job with both tunes.

Happy New Year!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-31-2005).]

Re: FAILED EXPERIMENT... and a song for you - 01/01/06 10:33 AM

THANKS GUYS... ...
QUOTE from lahawk:
"Oh yea....I knew "guy n" was you all the time. It's like a Giant fan trying to hide in Philly....you can't disguise it "

Yeah, ans I'm sure you were rooting for the GIANTS last night too !!! ...
BTW Larry, the view is good from up here ... it's been a while ...

Steve .. I was thinking YOU might have figured it, being you were at L CC ...

George ... that must have been some celebration !!!

I'll work on some stuff to post once I get rid of this cold AND get my dsl connection on Friday ...
Happy New Year , all ...
t.
t.