http://www.keyboards.pl/roland/g70.htm
Posted by: Roel

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/27/05 09:13 AM

More demos on www.rolandg70.com
Posted by: ironhill

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/27/05 10:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roel:
[B]More demos on
This demos are best knowing by interest people, weeks ago - and you know it. Please tell us what's your interest?
Regards: Hanspeter

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/27/05 02:00 PM

Hanspeter,
I'm not sure what to think of your message.

You seem to have some problems in how to read other people's messages. (remember the one you accused one of our 'family' of arrogance?)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
quote:
............, I misunderstood his message. Excuse me. Regards Hanspeter
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My interest is abolutely zero, but yesterday I noticed my dealer's site is re-newed.... Is it wrong letting forum members know about this? .... if so WHY Hanspeter?

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 01-27-2005).]
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/27/05 02:24 PM

I've seen someone in a tread asked about updated OS, and I can see there was a link for softwareupdate (1.o6) at the page you linked as well Roel.
GJ

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 02:08 AM

[B]Hanspeter,
I'm not sure what to think of your message.

My interest is abolutely zero, but yesterday I noticed my dealer's site is re-newed.... Is it wrong letting forum members know about this? .... if so WHY Hanspeter?

Hallo Roel,
O.K. you have a good memory. But let me answer your question 'WHY'. I will use my memory.
Within the last few weeks I paid attention to your G-70 comments. First it sounds positiv
followed by very negativ statements. Some Examples:
Roel gets the first "long time expected wonderfull keyboard". His judgement: 'devastating'.
Roel visited Ibbenbüren (Germany). Ralf Schink's G-70 demo is excelent, he told.
A few weeks later: A friend of Roel has another excelent demo with Ralf Schink. In answer of
what has been excelent: Ralfs organisation, but not the instrument.
Nielshs out of Denmark publised a good example of the vocal harmonist. Roel finds his
singing very good. No word about the Instrument. But a week later Nielshs has troubles with
his Instrument. Yes, Roel agree.
And now I'm not shure: is Roel starting another story with sufficient discussed demos?
That the true explanation of my simple question. May be, some things unfortunately
I misunderstood. But these? Excuse me if I'm wrong onceagain.
Regards: Hanspeter

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 05:27 AM

Hanspeter,

In the first place I (!) was not starting, but just adding a new link because it could be of any help for other people.

Second:
I still am no fan of the G.. In my view I pointed out why well enough.

Third:
I promised myself to never comment the G.. again because too many people (like you) dislike that very much.

I respect other people's opinions about anything. Opinions can change but you seem not to allow me to?!

Don't worry, I will not interfere in G.. threads ever.
Posted by: KFingers

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 05:59 AM

Roel - I think it is sad that you choose not to comment or give your opinion on arranger keyboards in future just because someone has taken offence at your post. Although how anyone can misinterperet or take offence at "New demos at ..... completely baffles me!!!

I have found your views in the past to be comprehensive, structured and sincere and I for one value your comments on different models as I do the comments by most other members here.

For some people, whichever keyboard, car, computer etc they have chosen or want is very important to them and discussions with them can easily become a "holy war".

Please continue to express your views in future as I am always interested in what you and the others have to say and I'm sure many others here will agree with me.

Kind Regards - KFingers
Posted by: nardoni2002

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 07:25 AM

i agree with KF,this site is for discussing about keyboards and everything relevent, and we all have our views,so ALL views are welcome, so lighten up everybody (no backbiting) and let these views continue to be forth coming,mike

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 07:39 AM

Roel, hopefully you'll continue to express your views in the future,
as said in the posts above.
Cheers
GJ
Posted by: DonM

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 07:57 AM

I'm been hearing Roel's critiques since way back in the Technics Canada forum. He is usually right on, and I truly value his opinions.
Don't let one dissenter run you off, Roel. I still think most of the problem is in the language difference. I only know one language and I'm truly envious of those of us who are multi-lingual.
DonM

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Hanspeter,

:
I promised myself to never comment the G.. again because too many people (like you) dislike that very much.

I respect other people's opinions about anything. Opinions can change but you seem not to allow me to?!

Don't worry, I will not interfere in G.. threads ever.

Dear Fiends,
no, it's not my intention to start a "holy war". And i'm glad, Roel gives to me the opportunity
to write down my feelings reading his statements about G-70. I orderd and buyed this
instrument in order of arguments I understood very well. And this is the difference in opinion
both of us, I think: Roel had a disapointment because he expected for intance better styles and
sounds. I didn't agree with all that he wrote in the SZ. But I realy never will accept people to
say: "Shut up". In this case, I think, it is not a different understanding because
of foreign language. Peace: Hanspeter

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/28/05 11:23 AM

DonM, KFingers, GJ and Mike thanks for your kind words. I will stay for sure.

Hanspeter, you are kidding right ? Did I tell you to shut up? Please explain.

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 01-28-2005).]

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 01:47 AM

Hanspeter, you are kidding right ? Did I tell you to shut up? Please explain.

No,no Roel,
you didn't say that, and I see, it's realy necessary to me study using my words in
a precise way. What I would say is, everybody may write down he believes, and therefor I think,
that you furthermore talk about your opinions. Perhaps it is a little help making things better:
This time the G-70. Regards: Hanspeter
Posted by: Bevan

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 07:34 AM

I think you are right Hanspeter when you
ask "Roel why?" It is strange that Roel is
allways one of the first to say something
negative about the G70.
The people that applaud for him are probably
sellers that do not sell the G70.
With the update the G70 is even better than
before.

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 07:45 AM

I feel sorry for you Bevan! (you act like a child)

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 07:58 AM

Hanspeter,

Dass Ich meine Eindrücke über G.. gegeben habe scheint schlecht gefallen zu sein beim R. Liebhaber. Es tut mir wirklich leit dass meine Meinung nach noch sehr viel verbessert werden muss am G.. ..... es BLEIBT immernoch meine persönliche Meinung. In der Niederlanden is es immernoch erlaubt 'ne Meinung zu haben.

Bevan reagiert ziemlich kindisch und scheint Keyboard-Händler zu sein....meine Meinung nach.

For the non-Germen/girls :
Giving my reviews of the G.. was not really appreciated by some R. fans. I'm very sorry, but I think the G.. needs a lot of improvements before it becomes what I think it should be. Of course it is my PERSONAL opinion, and a PO is allowed isn't it ?

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 01-29-2005).]

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Hanspeter,

Dass Ich meine Eindrücke über G.. gegeben habe scheint schlecht gefallen zu sein beim R. Liebhaber. Es tut mir wirklich leit dass meine Meinung nach noch sehr viel verbessert werden muss am G.. ..... es BLEIBT immernoch meine persönliche Meinung. In der Niederlanden is es immernoch erlaubt 'ne Meinung zu haben.

Bevan reagiert ziemlich kindisch und scheint Keyboard-Händler zu sein....meine Meinung nach.

Gut, Roel, ich schrieb Dir. Hanspeter

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 12:37 PM

Schade, Roel meine mail konnte nicht verschickt werden. Ich muss zunächst den Fehler finden. Hanspeter
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 02:47 PM

Awwww no fair! Keep it in english I was enjoying the thread and then got lost due to the language change--at least post a translation

Squeak
Posted by: Alex K

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/29/05 03:46 PM

Gentlemen,

how about those new demos, with the improved sound after the 1.06 software release?

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/30/05 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bevan:
...The people that applaud for him are probably
sellers that do not sell the G70.

I think this kind of remarks is totaly unnecessary,
and make any discussions to a low level.

GJ

BTW,
if those who "applaud" Roel are "salesmen" for other
products, are you who have positive remarks for G70
salesmen for Roland? Just wondering.....
Posted by: chdolar

Re: Maybe some new G-70 demos - 01/30/05 04:32 AM

Hi Folks,

just updated my G-70 from V1.05 to V1.06 (thx niels!).

Only change I can hear (and see) is:
Default value for velocity is "medium" on upper 1, 2 and 3 now.
This gives you little more crispier sound mainly on the pianos - but you can do that on your own.

Made 2 mp3's from the demo songs to compare before / after update (G-70 reset to Factory defualt in both cases) - there's no real (audible) difference.