Style conversion

Posted by: wizboy

Style conversion - 10/04/04 03:09 PM

How do you convert 9000 pro / va7 styles to Tyros ?

Thanks for your input.
Claude
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Style conversion - 10/04/04 10:54 PM

Claude,
9000 pro styles don't need to be converted to sound good on the Tyros; all you have to do is to tweak a few volumes and maybe change the drum sets. On the other hand, to convert Roland styles you will need a software like Styleworks by EMC http://www.tastenshop.com/taste/
Posted by: drdalet

Re: Style conversion - 10/05/04 04:22 AM

Would it be possible to use these styles on psrtutorial site and use the Megaenhancer ?

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 10-05-2004).]
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Style conversion - 10/05/04 10:23 AM

DrDalet,
the answer to your first question is "yes", which means that you can use the styles you are referring to; however, since I don't know how the Megaenhancer works, I cannot comment on the second question. Like any converted styles, I doubt that styles processed through this or any other program will sound as good as the styles originally programmed by Yamaha for the Tyros. Speaking of that,I highly recommend that you get the styles recently released for the PSR 3000; they work like a charm on the Tyros and are mostly better than the original Tyros styles with the same name.
Posted by: royandreno

Re: Style conversion - 10/05/04 10:30 AM

Correct me if I,m wrong, but unfortunately I think the MegaEnhancer works for midifiles only.

------------------
Roy-Andrč
Posted by: SD_FAN

Re: Style conversion - 10/05/04 01:39 PM

Hi Roy-Andrč,

You are correct. The MegaEnhancer works only for midi files.

Armando
Posted by: wizboy

Re: Style conversion - 10/06/04 01:24 PM

Thanks for the link Andrea.
I'll try it out tonight. I had some 9000 Pro styles that were already converted to VA7, that's why i got confused as to why it didn't work with the Tyros.

Claude