Audacity's latest version...

Posted by: travlin'easy

Audacity's latest version... - 01/20/04 07:40 PM

Just downloaded the latest version of Audacity, it has lots of improvments, one of which permits multiple track recording, plus the ability to monitor previously recorded tracks while recording a new one. Several new effects features as well and lots of bugs have been fixed. You'll find it at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about.php?lang=en

Great recording program, plus the price is right--free!

Cheers,

Gary
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/20/04 08:30 PM

Hi Gary.

Tks for sharing.
I am going to make a "test drive"
Brasilian regards
Chico
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/21/04 09:14 AM

Gary...
Is it possible, within Audacity, to transpose keys and save as a new file?
Eddie
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/21/04 10:07 AM

Eddie.....
you can easily do that with Acid pro 4.0 I love it heres a trial..!!!

http://download.com.com/3000-2170-10020622.html
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/21/04 11:03 AM

Donny...
Thanks for the info on Acid Pro. I will get around to the trial on it...and then have to wrestle with whether or not it is worth $400 to me. I was looking for something that would help me transpose a couple of MP3s that are out of my vocal range. I am sure there are many other benefits to it..but that is what got me looking. I have Total Recorder...but it doesn't have transpose ability.
Eddie

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/21/04 11:31 AM

I don't believe you can transpose the files using Audacity because of their formatting procedure. Works fine with midis, but WAVs are totally different when it comes to transposing.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-21-2004).]
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/21/04 04:23 PM

Soundforge allows transposing the key. The feuture is called pitch shift under effects. You can raise and lower by semitones without affecting the quality of the song (duration). I had a lot of fun with this. I took a song that our female singer was singing and lowered it by a few semi-tones, and she ended up sounding like a really great Elvis impersonator.

Jerry
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/21/04 04:56 PM

Gary......no problem.....Acid pro will transpose Mp3's etc with ease.....
isn't technology great?
Posted by: MagicUser

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/24/04 07:02 PM

Gary,
I had just found out about Audacity and downloaded it yesterday. It seemes pretty good (Great for the price). I want to try and use it to record some music from my PSR2000. I imagine it to be a big advance on the recording tool that comes with Windows. Thanks for pointing it out to us.
- Brian

[This message has been edited by MagicUser (edited 01-24-2004).]

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/24/04 07:48 PM

Brian,

Click FILE, PREFERENCES,then click the AUDIO I/O Tab. Then place a check-mark in the the box next to "PLAY OTHER TRACKS WHILE RECORDING A NEW ONE" and it will work just fine.

Cheers,

Gary
Posted by: MagicUser

Re: Audacity's latest version... - 01/24/04 07:51 PM

Gary,
I found the problem was a PEBCAK error (Problem exists between chair and keyboard)!
I had loaded version 1 of the software and not the latest release. Once I downloaded and installed the latest release it worked fine (better than fine).

Thanks again!

- Brian