Ultimate Keyboard Stand

Posted by: Yamiguy

Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/18/07 02:41 PM

Hi, I am finally getting around to taking my old A-frame type ultimate keyboard stand apart and making the, easier to assemble, squared off type. I know i seen it from someone here ages ago but i can't find it now. Anyone know where it is? Thanks
Posted by: MarcK

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/18/07 04:19 PM

Another good option are the Z-style stands. The quality ones are very sturdy and rather adjustable. I didn't realize how much bounce my double-X stand had until I switched to a Z stand. Like day and night, really.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/18/07 07:22 PM

Yamiguy, I had posted photos of the one I made, but I took them down. I'll try to find them tomorrow and repost.
DonM

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/18/07 08:56 PM

Thanks don...I have all my parts ready! lol. I'll check back. Are you the same don that posted the live songs? If so i'd like to have another listen. I'm really trying to figure out what an arranger board can do. Thanks for the stand pix!

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/19/07 06:12 AM

Can't seem to find the photos. Maybe I deleted them. I'll make some more, but it will be a few days.
I still have some Roland G70 songs "hidden" on my website. Here's the link: http://donmasonmusic.com/temp%20songs/

Hope to put some Midjay recordings up soon.
I'm just SO busy . . .
DonM
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/19/07 06:37 AM

Don great stuff keep em coming!!!

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/19/07 11:28 PM

Hi Don,
Thanks for the link to your songs. Is that busy piano work on "baby likes to rock it" all from the arranger? Your just playing the lead guitar part with right hand? It sounds really good. I see I have some work to do figuring all this out. I would ask questions now but i'd better read up on the tutorial so i dont seem like too much of a newbie. Thanks again!

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/20/07 05:05 AM

The style for Baby Likes To Rock It is all from the G70. I played the lead parts with right hand and chords and pitch bend with the left.
DonM
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/20/07 07:36 AM

If you're giggin', you may want to checkout the QuikLok 746.

I have been using the two tier version of this stand for four years and it does not move at all.

The Z-761 is heavy duty as well, but I do not have any practical experience with this.

I know one person using the Z-71, it's very sturdy, sets up in 10 seconds and moderately priced.

You may want to check these out.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: korg4god

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/20/07 12:53 PM

I use the Ultimate support Apex. I have had three and my current one is in silver. Yes, I bought the silver one to match my PA1x Pro. Looks great and super fast and convenient tear down and set up...

Jeff

Re: Ultimate Keyboard Stand - 03/20/07 08:54 PM

Hi Again,
The G70 really has some great backing accompanyment then! That piano work sounds like a midi file. Very nice. Your work is, of course, first class too! lol
Thanks for the pix Gary. I have a couple of single braced x-stands and i've never been thrilled with them. The double braced does look solid tho...and with a 2nd tier pretty handy. I probably will go with that idea when I go out with the board. I'm really just trying to do something with my spare ultimate connections instead of scrapping them. I do a bit of dj work too and i need a good ceremony music platform....thats prob what i'll end up using the ultimate stand for the most. I'll call lecover and get a nice fitted one for it after i'm done and it should be a neat setup to put my small ceremony music mixer on. I did take your advice on the z5500 gary. I'm only using the sub with a powered eon 10. Thats a good sound. :-)
Thanks jeff. Its always a neat look to see the Apex. Although, they always look as if someone bumped it sideways, that there might be trouble! But i've never used it.
Thanks again. I'll keep checking back for those pix don. If you cant dig them up, let me know and i'll go from memory.
Larry :-)