i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b

Posted by: brickboo

i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/22/03 06:34 PM

i30 is the best keyboard on the planet, Jazz is the only music, Dave is the best vocalist, Donny is the best entertainer, DonM is king of country, Tony is a close second, Scott along with my buddy SonnyG is the best rootless chord musician I know except Bill Evans (I heard of him) and I'm by far the best combination sax and arranger guy here. Oh, and Fran is the best Roland keyboard player here plus he's surronded with the best looking gals.

If this doesn't start some crap, I'm giving up. You guys are getting old and weak. I'm gonna start playing nine ball for money again.

Tom you're good at this. Put your two cents in would you. Remember how exciting this board use to be when I use to get Dave going. I think the redhead has worn him down.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/22/03 08:30 PM

Nyeah, Nyeah, Nyeah .....
Posted by: DonM

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/22/03 09:58 PM

The Redhead is now the "Redheaded Stranger", I think.
The I30 is a piece of outdated junk. The only people that like Jazz are the guys playing it and other Jazz musicians.
And I'll bet you didn't catch a fish today.
DonM
Posted by: Alex K

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/22/03 10:13 PM

An old joke says:

A musician makes a couple of mistakes - he is playing bad, but if he makes hundreds of mistakes, he is playing jazz.

Regards,
Alex
Posted by: RicFreak

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 12:24 AM

brickboo,
PA80 is much better than any i-board, and I think I belong to that best list regarding ear playing.

But I absolutely agree about jazz.
Posted by: MacAllcock

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 01:38 AM

Sorry to say I agree that Jazz seems to be played for the benefit of other musicians. My wifes comment on on Jazz is "shouldn't there be a tune somewhere?".
Posted by: trtjazz

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 02:24 AM

OK, then not wanting to let you down on a blow torch war.....real men & women play jazz, covers are for sissies. Jazz musicians play jazz for other jazz players, because the rest just don't get it. They keep listening for ..."uh like where's the chorus dude?" Myopia to the max.

Some just talk about playing jazz while others actually do play it.... that can that is.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 10-23-2003).]
Posted by: Pilot

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 05:03 AM

My wife is no musician but she enjoys jazz. Depends on the jazz of course. It kind of died with Miles Davis and his modal stuff so we have a house full of Bird, Diz, Cannonball, Satchmo, Zoot Sims, Stan Getz etc.

Bryan
Posted by: Dnj

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 05:14 AM

SINATRA RULES!!!!!!!!

and so does the Yankees!
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 06:50 AM

Yankees ..... hee hee .....
Posted by: DanO1

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 07:25 AM

Isn't Jazz....... just a blues scale with a few mistakes ??

Dano

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 07:27 AM

Oh...one other thing , put 200 jazz musicians behind a curtain , than play the tyro's,sd1,pa1x,genesys etc.......they'd all pick the Viscount .
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 07:31 AM

One nice thing about playing Jazz, is nobody can tell
if you make a mistake or not.
Because it all sounds like a mistake. hee hee
Denny
Posted by: GlennT

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
Fran is the best Roland keyboard player here plus he's surronded with the best looking gals

Hey, don't overlook DonM... There's a pic on his web page with him surrounded by some pretty cute babes!

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 07:55 AM

It's just Uncle Dave in drag .

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 10:00 AM

"The I30 is a piece of outdated junk. The only people that like Jazz are the guys playing it and other Jazz musicians."

You DO know I was just joking, right? Sort of.

DonM
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 11:29 AM

Jazz is like ice cream. It comes in hundreds of flavors. Few people like them all. But most will like at least one. -- anonymous

Baseball is Red, White & Blue. After game 4 the Yanks looked kinda blue. (Sorry Donny).

The right to express diverse opinions is Red, White and Boo.

The dentist just gave me some pain pills. There is a party in my head. (Sorry Rush)

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 03:36 PM

I like a little ice cream not and then, but I wouldn't want a steady diet of it. There we are on food again.
DonM
Posted by: trtjazz

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/23/03 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
"The I30 is a piece of outdated junk. The only people that like Jazz are the guys playing it and other Jazz musicians."

You DO know I was just joking, right? Sort of.

DonM

Don,
Me too.....sort of
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html
Posted by: lukitoh

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/27/03 10:34 AM

I HATE i30. It is HEAVY and almost all the sounds are severely inferior to the newer boards. I got PSR2000 now and what a relief it is - slightly lighter although not by much but the sounds and styles, etc are head and shoulders.

It looked impressive but nevertheless it is a piece of junk to me !

There, now hit me !
Posted by: brickboo

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/27/03 05:42 PM

You guys are jealous because I can sequence a tune in 10 minutes and it takes you guys weeks to do one tune and my styles aren't boring 4 bar loops like your's. Ha! Ha! After the intro on Big Band no more horns until the ending on many styles with you know what board!!! It's back to the same old 4 bar loops of the combo styles between the intro and ending of the Big Band styles. Ha! Ha!
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: i30 is best on the planet, Jazz is the only music, and dave can't carry a tune in a b - 10/27/03 06:08 PM

The Tyros can play 32 Bar Loops maybe an even greater number. But there aren't many Styles on the Tyros that take advantage of that. In fact there's only one that I'm aware of. Maybe someone else can enlighten us further. But at least it has the capability to play a 32 Bar Loop. I agree with you Boo, that Arranger Styles should be full of 32 Bar Loops. I guess it takes Yamaha a considerable more amount of time to develop the more sophisticated Styles hence the reason there's nary a one on their Arrangers. I hope they wake up to the fact that people like to play along with Styles that have larger Bar Loops than the 4 Bar Loops they mostly provide now.

Btw, glad you're enjoying that i30 Boo. As long as it sounds good enough to your ears (and that's the only thing that counts besides those that hear you play) And as long as they're not throwing tomatoes at you I guess you ain't doing too bad. Who cares if the i30 is going on 5 years old. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Best regards,
Mike