President of Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music & Lip Syncing !

Posted by: Scottyee

President of Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music & Lip Syncing ! - 08/24/05 07:38 AM

President Saparmurat Niyazov, leader of the former Soviet republic, Turkmenistan, has ordered a ban on lip synching performances across the tightly controlled nation, citing "a negative effect on the development of singing and musical art," the president's office said Tuesday 08/22/2005. In addition, he has banned the playing of recorded music (including karaoke) at all public events, on television and at weddings.

Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music

Turkmenistan BANS Lip Syncing

Scott
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: President of Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music & Lip Syncing ! - 08/24/05 07:44 AM

WOW ... Good for him ... His son-in-law- must be a musician .. ... now all those D J-skis will have to get REAL jobs ... and I guess a lot of pop acts won't be touring his country ...
t.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: President of Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music & Lip Syncing ! - 08/24/05 07:46 AM

.... actually, after a few seconds of relection, such a ban is not necessarily a good thing ... instead of having recorded music, some venues will have none...
t.
Posted by: ChuckHall

Re: President of Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music & Lip Syncing ! - 08/24/05 09:04 AM

If he heard me sing, he might reconsider his ban on lip-syncing.
Posted by: girljam

Re: President of Turkmenistan BANS Recorded Music & Lip Syncing ! - 08/24/05 09:08 AM

I guess I can cancel my Milli Vanilli act for my upcoming tour there . . .

Jill