Murdered Song Titles

Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Murdered Song Titles - 12/06/00 05:00 PM

Hey folks,
What are some of the worst murdered song requests that you have received? I'll start this one out.

Rollin On the River = "Proud Mary"
The Bullfrog song = "Joy to the World"
Sittin Down = "Satin Doll"
Missed the Saturday Dance = "Don't Get Around Much anymore"

Regards,

Tom
Posted by: DonM

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/06/00 05:21 PM

Probably the most famous Cajun song of all time is Jole Blon (it means pretty girl). I've heard it called everything from Jody Bond to Jolly Bong.
Others include: Lay Your Head On My Shoulder (For the Good Times)
Oh, My Love, My Darling (Unchained Melody)
Kiss Me Each Morning (Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye)
In a God and Devita (figure it out!)

Years ago, when my oldest son was very young, he had listened to one of my tapes and later told me, Daddy I really like that song "Wanna See". It took me a while to figure out he was talking about Ray Charles' Wha'd I Say?
DonM
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/06/00 06:14 PM

A friend said he took his kid to a rodeo and later in the evening he asked him what did he like most about the rodeo. The young boy answered he liked the song the best. When my friend asked what song? his son replied,"The Little Old Lady Who" song. I'll let ya'll guess on this. If no one guesses what this song is and I forget about this post please email me and I'll tell tomorrow. Thought this might be fun.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/06/00 08:36 PM

Hey Boo,
In another post you murdered the Randy Travis tune title ! It's "Forever and ever Amen" NOT I'm gonna love you forever.
(since we're doing murdered titles...)
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/07/00 07:27 AM

Dave,

I searched Randy Travis on Napster a week ago for the lyrics and to learn the tune and guess what? It's titled "I'm Gonna Love You Forever". Sorry about that Dave.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 12-07-2000).]

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/07/00 07:36 AM

The possum, George Jones, has a fairly new song out "Murder On Music Row". Does this qualify? (:>)
DonM

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/07/00 07:38 AM

I think Uncle Dave is "righter" than Napster this time.
DonM
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/07/00 07:47 AM

Sorry Boo,
Uncle Dave is RIGHT on this one. Murdered songs are surely prevalent on Napster too. WATCH OUT!

- Scott
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Murdered Song Titles - 12/07/00 10:11 PM

Boo - You doubted your Uncle ?????????
Shame on you. First of all - the entries on Napster are from individual listers, NOT a company of professional musicians or marketing engineers.
Second, You should know better than to think I'd subject myself to the rantings of this forum with an incorrect "correction".
(It's bad enough I make soo many typos)
You know the deal - people remember what sticks in their mind. I'm always getting asked to play "Memories" and the person wants "The way we were". Funny - both are Streisand tunes, huh.
* * * Many thanx to those of you that came to my rescue ! My rep is intact! * * *
(Even without a picture!)