News on the NEW PSR-3100

Posted by: zalmang

News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/17/06 08:04 AM

Hey, It's almost June. Isn't it time for info on the PSR-3000's replacement?

Anyone (especially dealers) hear anything yet?
Posted by: Pacesetter

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/17/06 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmang:
Hey, It's almost June. Isn't it time for info on the PSR-3000's replacement?

Anyone (especially dealers) hear anything yet?

Yea, they going to call it a 6000 cuz it has twice as many styles, voices and 88 keys.

From what I read on SZ it's a little early for them to replace a 3000 replacement ??
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/17/06 09:14 AM

The PSR-3000 replacement won't be out until next year.
Ian
Posted by: Dnj

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/18/06 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The PSR-3000 replacement won't be out until next year.
Ian

RUMOR? Or?
Posted by: lukitoh

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/18/06 09:19 PM

From what I heard (rumor), I am going to be very pleased with the improvements on the keys.
Posted by: MarcK

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/18/06 09:21 PM

The PSR-3000 keys feel very good to me. Noticeably more "solid" action than on the 2000.

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/19/06 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
RUMOR? Or?

No,I don't think it's a rumor.
My information comes from a reliable source...my boss.

Ian

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/19/06 07:57 AM

Any words on new features? Improvments?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/19/06 08:07 AM

Ok Ian fair enough........I guess its a wait & see on this new Yammy offering.......should be a nice KB with some new improvements with a sprinkling of T2 in it also
Posted by: MrEd

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/19/06 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ok Ian fair enough........I guess its a wait & see on this new Yammy offering.......should be a nice KB with some new improvements with a sprinkling of T2 in it also

Donny, by that time ("next year") I would think it will have some sprinkling of the T3

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/19/06 05:04 PM

The 3k replacement will quite possibly be launched at the same time as the new CVP series.Both will have all or most of the elements of the T2 plus a few extras not on the present Tyros.
Still no word on an exact launch date.I'll post it as soon as I hear it.
Ian

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/20/06 07:47 AM

Quote:
The 3k replacement will quite possibly be launched at the same time as the new CVP series.Both will have all or most of the elements of the T2 plus a few extras not on the present Tyros.
Ian

"A few extras not on the Tyros"
Like maybe 15 more keys?
Just kidding, although the more creative my 3000 helps me to be, my wishes for the 76 keys becomes stronger. I would like to have an additional octave where I could split it from the right hand and dedicate it to playing LIVE, 'answering' parts that songs have.

One example, when playing Pick UP the Pieces by Average White Band. The brass leads are followed by the guitar 'answering' the brass. Or on 50's and doowop type songs, there are a lot of answering parts where you can't miss a beat, so you don't have the chance to press another reg that is set for the answering part.

Ian, I am one of many (i am sure) who appreciates the info that you can pass along.

Thanks.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/20/06 08:05 AM

Quote:
The 3k replacement will quite possibly be launched at the same time as the new CVP series.

Hi Ian: I've heard this as well. The FACT is no one (except perhaps the top guys at Yamaha Japan) knows the date until 'very close' to the time of actual release. Everything else is mere speculation, based on past model release date intervals.

Hi MrEd: As far as 76 vs 61 keys go, remember that the "P" in PSR stands for 'portable', so smaller & lighter is Yamaha's goal with this model series, so I seriously doubt Yamaha will introduce a 76 note keyboard in that line.

Scott

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/20/06 08:11 AM

Hi Scott.

I hear what your saying but I found the 2 Casio 76ers I owned quite portable.

Ed

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/20/06 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Everything else is mere speculation, based on past model release date intervals.
Scott

Speculation?Maybe.Maybe not....

Ian

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/20/06 05:32 PM

Quote:
Ian

Any word on what's going to be new in the CVP line?

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/20/06 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmang:

Any word on what's going to be new in the CVP line?

It's only speculation,but I believe the new triple switch action will be on all models.
Most actions used only two swithes for key contacts,and fast repititions were a little hard to pull off...the triple switch cures this entirely,and it is the PREMIER weighted action on any digital.
Of course the SA voices will be in full force,probably a few new ones on the top end CVP.Styles are usually upgraded as was on last series.
I'll be in Toronto at the end of June for a seminar and may catch a few more "speculations"

Ian
Posted by: Nick G

Re: News on the NEW PSR-3100 - 05/28/06 05:50 AM

a few questions about this new model... (PSR 3100)
for one i assume it will have the new mega voices ie: stringss, sax, nylon guitar?

will it have Super articulation sounds?

will the screen resolution be 640x480 like the tyros?

im hoping the key feel will be improved too...