Very Emotional ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

Very Emotional ... - 11/22/06 07:14 PM

.... This will be a very emotional Thanksgiving for us, for while Lydia and I will be marking our 43rd wedding anniversary right on Thanksgiving, (43 years with ME ?!?? ..the woman is a SAINT !!!) ... unfortunately her mom passed away on Tuesday ...
Her mom was 85, and lived a pretty full life despite all kinds of heart, lung, etc. ailments ... but her passing was somewhat sudden, which no doubt was a blessing for her, but difficult for the rest of the family ...

To all my Synth-Zone friends, even if you don't celebrate "Thanksgiving", be extra thankful for your blessings today ...

t.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/22/06 08:01 PM

Tony, Happy anniversary and happy Thanksgiving.
I lost my mom just over a year ago, and know what you are going through. She was 84.
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
DonM
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 02:25 AM

Tony:

Sorry to hear of the passing of Lydia's mom, please extend my condolences to Lydia.

Congratulations on 43 years as well.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-23-2006).]
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 04:45 AM

Tony,

I'm sorry for your loss, you have my condolences. On the other hand congratulations on your 43 anniversary.

Tom
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 07:12 AM

Wow! 43 years of nuptial bliss--the woman deserves a medal the size of a frying pan. Sorry to hear about your loss Tony.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 07:37 AM

Congrats on your 43rd. Sorry about your mother-in-law. My wifes mother is ill and in a nursing home so I sure can relate.
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 10:20 AM

Tony, Congrats on your 43rd may you have at least 20 more with the Saint....on another note, condolences on the passing of your mother-in-law be grateful that you've had her as long as you have and may you enjoy the holidays s best as you can under the circumstances....
TR
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 06:34 PM

Tony,

a big hug to you and Lydia for your anniversary and... another hug for the loss of her mother.

Andrea
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/23/06 08:04 PM

Tony....
My condolences to you and your family for your loss. And....BIG congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
Eddie
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/24/06 06:50 AM

Tony, Annie and I are in our 42'nd year. She lost her mom about 2 years ago after years in a nursing home. She had been incoherant and bed ridden for several years.

So sorry, friend.

Russ
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/24/06 07:00 AM

Tony,

Please accept my condolences on your loss. Congrats on the 43rd with your saint. You are a lucky man, but you know that.

Glenn
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Very Emotional ... - 11/26/06 08:56 AM

.. thnx all ....
We had Thanksgiving dinner ALMOST as planned, except for the absence of Lydia's mom ... but with 8 kids ranging in age from 11 to 1 1/2, it was anything but quiet ... but the distraction helped ... All went well enough with the service etc. over the weekend, and Lydia is feeling 'comfortable' about it all today ...
Lydia responded to all her mothers final wishes, including an impromtu singing of "When the Saints Go Marching In" at the end of the service ...
She knows she gave her mom all she possibly could, and her passing saved additional suffering ...
Many thanks for your thoughts and words ...
t.