TODAY'S THE DAY ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 08:51 AM

... RETIREMENT from the 'day job' after almost 40 years!!! ...
now when people ask "what do you do?' I will say "I am a MUSICIAN"!!! ...
...very mixed emotions, but looking forward to it ...
You know, you work at a job (and fortunately I have always enjoyed mine) and sometimes you wonder if you are having an impact ... and then a day like today comes, and in private e-mails and conversation people thank you, and give an idea of what you have meant in their lives, and it is amazing !!!
Just had to share ...
t.
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 09:05 AM

All the best in your retirement Tony, put your feet up and take it easy
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 09:10 AM

Congratulations!
Posted by: Taike

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 09:34 AM

Congratulations, Tony!

Just don't think about sleeping in or hanging around the house all day because you know how women are when hubby is retired. They want him out of the house!

Enjoy your freedom. You've deserved it.

Taike
Posted by: richard_shiflet

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 09:58 AM

Congrats Tony

Well deserved!

Enjoy
Posted by: cgiles

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 10:35 AM

So Tony, want me to bring you up to date on "As The World Turns" or "All my Children" or "Passions" or Oprah or ........

chas
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 10:57 AM

Tony Congratulations, I'll be looking for your name in "Lights on I-95" in and around the approach to Providence. All the best to you, enjoy your 2nd career..........and if you get too busy with gigs and have any overflows your schedule, I'll be glad to help. Regards to your better half. Don't drive her crazy when you're at home.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 04-13-2007).]
Posted by: renig

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 11:13 AM

Congratulations, Tony! All power to ya!

I'm less than a year away from my big day and I, too, will be designating myself 'musician'.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 11:45 AM

Oh,goody....now you can practise those folk songs ALL DAY!

ROAD TRIP!

Come to Kentucky for a visit!

"Doghouse" Lay
Posted by: GlennT

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 12:19 PM

Congrats, Tony... you're gonna have fun!

Glenn
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 12:23 PM

Tony, congratulations!
Now you are a free man!
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 12:23 PM

Wow. I'm jealous ! Best of luck, man. Now the REAL fun starts !
Posted by: bruno123

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 01:52 PM

Tony,
When you leave a pleasing job of 40 years you lose part of you. In return you receive the opportunity to find out what else you’re about, the areas and talents that have not explored. I find myself cooking – I made a wood home stand for my keyboard, and I am back to playing my guitar.

It’s a beautiful time –enjoy.

John C.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 04:02 PM

YO Tony,
How great it is..............with a few exceptions, although not to many exceptions if your wife is retired too.
I retired in 1982 as a successful businessman with two degrees, and a decent income. Over twenty five years of retirement I have become the houseboy that does it all, including the shopping, the cooking, the house care, and car's care, financial, and on and on.
My young wife that doesn't retire until January comes home from her office, sets down to dinner, sets down to TV and lays down to bed.
I think you get the message.
Be very cautious about setting any precedents.
But...........Enjoy your retirement anyway.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 04:08 PM

Tony,

Congratulations on your retirement. Don't think about it as a door closing because many new ones may open for you.

Tom
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 06:02 PM

Thnx all ... again I say "I LOVE THIS PLACE" ..
chas ... there are no soap operas on THIS guys agenda ...

My wife works 3 days a week as a legal sec'y - she's may go to 5 depending on how 'retirement' goes ... ...

I LOVE to cook, which is a good news/bad news thing, because I've got to watch the weight . ...

But I'm really looking forward to the new opportunities ...

thnx agn,
t.
Posted by: Taike

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
YO Tony,
How great it is..............with a few exceptions, although not to many exceptions if your wife is retired too.
I retired in 1982 as a successful businessman with two degrees, and a decent income. Over twenty five years of retirement I have become the houseboy that does it all, including the shopping, the cooking, the house care, and car's care, financial, and on and on.
My young wife that doesn't retire until January comes home from her office, sets down to dinner, sets down to TV and lays down to bed.
I think you get the message.
Be very cautious about setting any precedents.
But...........Enjoy your retirement anyway.
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

...and she OWNS the remote!
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
...and she OWNS the remote!

Yes Taike but I have a lock on my recording studio door and there is a tv in here also but it hasn't been turned on in years
Bebop
Posted by: Nigel

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 08:53 PM

Congratulations Tony. I wish you the very best in your new lifestyle. You have earned it.

Posted by: Caragabal

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/13/07 11:14 PM

Tony very soon you will wonder how you ever found time to go to work.

Cousin Ken
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/14/07 06:05 AM

Congratulations and best wishes!!!

Posted by: Graham UK

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/14/07 09:30 AM

The saying is when you retire you wonder how you had time to go to work....And it's all very true.
I retired 15 years ago and there is just not enough hours in each day. It took me 6 month to get into a daily routine so make the best of everyday and best wishes to you.
Posted by: zuki

Re: TODAY'S THE DAY ... - 04/15/07 07:19 AM

Congratulations Tony!

I could never work one job long enough to retire from a specific venue, so I went into business myself. In a way, I'll always be in outside sales, making a few dollars here and there and earning residual sales long term.

But a whole new life opened for me when I decided to bring my music out of retirement and play gigs again. Now I'm as busy as a bee with this alone.

This new 'job' is nothing but pure joy, excitement and fullfillment. I know you'll find the same as a "musician".

zuki