Casio MZ-2000

Posted by: Clif Anderson

Casio MZ-2000 - 02/25/00 07:51 AM

Affirmative action applied to arranger manufacturers, check out the Casio MZ-2000. Among the highlights are chord and pattern extraction from standard midi files, and several continuous controllers including aftertouch. It appears to be in a class with the Yamaha PSR-640 or 740. No hard disk. I trust the 32Kbyte linear conversion of Wave ROM is a misprint. www.mz2000.com
Posted by: Alex K

Re: Casio MZ-2000 - 02/25/00 05:34 PM

Clif, thank you for pointing us to this site. The picture looks good, and so do the specs, at least on paper. The sound system looks pretty powerful (2x15 Watt), but I guess it is otherwise comparable to PSR 640. It lacks a vocal harmonizer of the 740, but it is impressive to see all the sliders and buttons. Good to see that Casio is venturing into the field of higher end instruments. I hope that if nothing else, it will prompt Yamaha and GEM to improve their products to stay competitive.

Regards, Alex
Posted by: Rodrigues

Re: Casio MZ-2000 - 02/28/00 10:42 AM

Hi Clif Anderson

Where can we get more information about Casio MZ-2000?
Regards
Carlos Rodrigues
Posted by: Clif Anderson

Re: Casio MZ-2000 - 02/28/00 01:20 PM

Hi Carlos

I am sorry but all I know is posted at the website listed in the first post in this thread. If I find out more, I'll post a follow up. Personally, I am not tempted to get this keyboard. In fact, Jammer Live is occupying my midi energy these days. However, I am glad to see more manufacturers competing at the high end of the arranger market.

Clif