OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test....

Posted by: tony mads usa

OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/07/04 04:00 PM

.... had a follow up with the prostate surgeon in NYC on Fri ... digital exam felt good (at least HE thought so !!! ) ...
PSA blood work came back "undetectable" which means the PSA count was less than 0.05 ...
Now if we could only find out what the h*ll is causing these 'chardiac like' symptoms in my chest, I'd be OK (FORTUNATELY we have been able to rule out any chardiac problem) ...someone mentioned anxiety attacks, and I was told by a Dr. that one could experience these even with no cause of stress... I guess that will be the next path of investigation ...
In the meanwhile ....
Keep makin' BEAUTIFUL music ...
t.
Posted by: JCkeeys

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/07/04 05:24 PM

Great News Tony ... read an article in AARP (Opps!! gave my age away)over 50% of men over 50 will have prostate problems. I have ... 2x's prostatitis, once hospitalized for 5 days. Good Luck
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/07/04 05:45 PM

Excellent Tony. Did the doctor light a cigarette after the exam?

Just kidding. Feel better soon!

Regards,
Al
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/07/04 07:23 PM

Great news gumba. Hope you are able to work out the cardiac symptoms. Give me best to the real boss.

Gary
Posted by: Darksounds

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/07/04 07:51 PM

Cardiac symptoms in chest ? You mean like chest pains ? I too have this occur so I went to the Hospital because I thought it was my heart . They did some tests and found nothing . I also have other symptoms .

I did a blood test , I don't know the results yet but did you know that anamenia can also cause chest pains ? Anamenia can be caused by various things but symptoms of it other than chest pains include shortness of breath , feeling tired , dizzy , being pale , tingling in hands and feet . I have alot of these symptoms which lead me to suspect I might have it , if I do the bloodtest should show it .

That's of coarse just one possibility and more likely if you also experience any of the symptoms I described .
Posted by: Dnj

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/07/04 08:07 PM

Great news.....happy holiday
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 04:51 AM

Hello Tony

That great news!!!

Cheers from Brasil

Chico
Posted by: cam8neel

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 05:13 AM

Tonyyyyyyyyyyy!

What's up, Paesan? So happy to hear you're feeling okay. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season! Give my best to Lydia!

A.-
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 05:30 AM

Great news Tony! I would keep looking for reasons for the chest pains. I'm not really buying the anxiety attack explanation. I think that is something they say when they don't know. Go with your gut on this one. If you think something is truly wrong keep looking. Find another doctor, get more opinions, only you know your body.

I go for my physical this morning. They have been keeping a watch on my PSA and prostate. We'll see how it is this time. I'm really lucky, I get the digital exam twice, once from my internist and again from my urologist. Growing old sure is a blast!

Tom
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 06:16 AM

thank you all for your replies ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
I'm really lucky, I get the digital exam twice, once from my internist and again from my urologist. Growing old sure is a blast!

Tom

Tom ... I hope they at least are good looking ....

Darksounds ... Thanks for the tip ... I hope all works out for you ... please let me know how you make out ... If you don't want to do it here, my e-mail add is in my profile ...
thnx agn all ....
t.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 09:00 AM

Wasn't Southwest airlines once called PSA (Pacific Southwest Air) way back when? I heard PSA had some of the cutest looking stewardess', oops I meant flight attendants.

Tony, glad to hear that your PSA numbers are looking good.

Scott
Posted by: shboom

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 10:56 AM

Reminds me of a joke I heard...
...two guys are talking about one's upcoming physical exam.
"Yeah...that prostrate exam is no fun...first he put a hand on my shoulder, bent me over, and then......wait a minute...he had both hands on my shoulders???"
Auuuuuuhhhggg!!! "Deliverance deja vu"
Seriously....Tony, I'm glad all went well for ya.
If the doctor sits back, puts on some soft jazz, and smokes a cigarette afterwards....that's when ya gotta be worried.

------------------
...L
Posted by: jamman

Re: OT: GREAT NEWS !!! PSA test.... - 12/08/04 04:55 PM

PSA is prostatic specific antigen and great news for tony.