My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 03:35 PM

Hi

At http://nielshs.homepage.dk

What do you think about the sound??

Regards Niels
Posted by: Diki

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 03:54 PM

Very nice, Niels.......

Perhaps you might dial down the reverb a little bit, especially on the drums, but hey, that might just be a European taste thing (we tend to be a fair bit drier in the US).......

I might also have tried to change the lead voice a bit for the middle of the song (maybe B3 or sax?), to add a little 'flava', but, like I've said many times, you gotta love those T2 guitars!

Nice job.........
Posted by: nielshs

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 04:12 PM

Hi Diki

Thanks for your comments.
I think you are right about the reverb. And yes the T2 guitars are lovly.

Niels
Posted by: Taike

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 04:31 PM

Lovely tune, Nielshs.

The reverb doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like it that way. The Shadows didn't play "dry" either.

By the way, what's the title of the song?
Posted by: nielshs

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 04:38 PM

Hi Taike

Thanks, glad that you liked it.

It's a homemade tune and I havn't named it yet.

Niels
Posted by: Taike

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
Hi Taike

Thanks, glad that you liked it.

It's a homemade tune and I havn't named it yet.

Niels

You're welcome, Nielshs.

It's a very catchy tune. Now I'll be humming it all day long.
Posted by: Caragabal

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 06:14 PM

I liked it .
Being an very oldie I prefer tha drums to take a back seat.

Cousin Ken
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 09:05 PM

Very nice.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 09:06 PM

Ah... the sound is VERY clean (of course...)
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/03/06 11:02 PM

Hi Nielshs: Nice pleasant easy listening euro country style(?) instrumental sound. Interestingly enough though, I prefered your G70 (including vocals) Country tune recording, because, as I recall, it had more upfront sounding punch, vs the relaxed background style of this one. If an easy going intrumental background feel is your goal, then this is a winner, but I'd personally perfer a bit more punch, which can be achieved on T2 in the mixing console via: volume, efx, and compressor settings. The only other think I suggest is eliminating the 1 bar 'side stick' count-in. As always, I enjoy hearing your music, whether on played on your G70 or T2. - Scott
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/04/06 03:05 AM

Hi Nielshs.
Thanks for your comments on my Queen song, I appreciate it.
I'd love to listen to your song but all I'm getting after I click on your site where it says Demo is a HTTP 404 not found error.
Is there a problem or has the download limit been reached?
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: My first T2 recording - 09/04/06 09:15 AM

Hi Nielshs, I managed to get your song off Scott Yee.
Just had a listen to it and it's a nice bouncy number. I enjoyed listening to it.

Comment wise:

I didn't mind the 3 click intro, same as a drummer would use sometimes with a live group. Maybe you could bring up the volume slightly on the guitar parts used on your style as before you go into the key change it sounded just a little bit empty where you stop playing the melody. I'd also try changing to a differnet guitar sound for the melody after each key change so it adds more variation to the song. The use of the pitch bend wheel (or key velocity for bending the notes) wasn't bad at all m8.
Overall a nice European feel to the song and you have to love those T2 guitar sounds