O.T. I Won I Won!

Posted by: FAEbGBD

O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 06:59 AM

I was named Musician of the Year this past Thursday with the CCMA. Christian Country Music Association. The award show was held in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. The award show was aired live on GAC. The only disappointment is that my award was cut from the program, along with 5 others. GAC wanted to have more high profile performers on the show, so to make room for them some of the awards were given before the show went on the air. But still, I got it. I'm pretty pumped.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 07:06 AM

Woah ! Well done, my friend !!!!
Posted by: GlennT

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 07:11 AM

Congrats!!!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 07:13 AM

Congratulations...
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 07:20 AM

Well Done!

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 07:48 AM

Rory, congratulations! Your award was well earned. Your music really 'touches the heart & soul'. It's a shame that CCMA cut you from their program to make room for the more high profile performers (standard procedure in the biz), but I trust with your new found star stature (and subsequent wider exposure) you WILL be on next year's show, or possibly even accepting an award from the CMA (Country Music Association), the Grand Daddy of Country Music itself.

I especially love the R&B gospel feel on Blind Faith. Terrific renditions of classic gospel songs. In addition, I found your song-video, "I Am A Soldier" a beautifully moving tribute to our men & woman in uniform.

Btw, I fondly recall the memorable chat we had on the phone some time ago when I attempted to order your "Blind Faith" album. I never did get it, so I'm going to call you back again to order it. - Scott
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 08:27 AM

Congratulations!!
A High Honor!

------------------
The old Newb
Posted by: msutliff

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 08:37 AM

That's great, Rory!  Congratulations!!

Here's a link to the press release:

http://www.ccma.cc/press.php?nid=157&a=

If you notice the grouping of pictures at the top of this web page, the middle picture appears (to me) to be Rory taken from his Blind Faith album.

-mike

PS. I just went back to the webpage via the link I supplied. They are rotating the pictures displayed at the top. Hit your Refresh button a couple of times to get to Rory's picture.

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 11-07-2004).]
Posted by: Dnj

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 08:40 AM

Congrats!!! any pics of the Awards show?

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 09:37 AM

We were not able to take pictures during the show. We got some afterwords though. They are not pictures of me on the stage, but at the Ryman nonetheless. I'm sure a few of them will go up on the website in a couple weeks. We've got a little updating to do there now.
Posted by: MrEd

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 10:19 AM

Rory,

I'm very happy for you!

Its a great way to see that all your hard work was recognized and appreciated.

Ed
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 07:00 PM

WOW !!! .. that's FANTASTIC .......always great to see a family member succeed ....
t.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/07/04 10:23 PM

Rory,
congratulations and may your career reach many peaks more!
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/08/04 07:44 AM

Runner-up last year and winner this year.

Good job Rory! Congrats!!

Best regards,
Mike
Posted by: shboom

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/08/04 08:29 AM

Congrats Rory....a feather in your cap.

------------------
...L
Posted by: DonM

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/08/04 08:31 AM

Wonderful! Keep it up.
DonM
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/08/04 10:35 AM

Hi Rory

My sincere congrats from Brasil

Chico
Posted by: nardoni2002

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/08/04 10:45 AM

congratulations,mike
Posted by: SD_FAN

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/08/04 12:01 PM

Hi Rory

My congratulations, also from Brasil.

Armando

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/13/04 11:09 AM

Thanks for all the interest. I was pretty excited.
The award is voted on by all members of the Christian Country Music Association. The first elimination level is just a write in; whomever you would like to see win. then it goes to top ten, then to top 5, then to the winnner is chosen from the top 5. I've been a member for 3 years, so I've been blessed to come up pretty quickly in the organization.
The show was telecast on GAC. Great American Country. Sadly, mine, and 5 other awards, was cut from the show in the interest of more high profile artists such as Oak Ridge Boys, Ricochet, Josh Turner, Restless Heart, and others.
This is standard procedure with many awards shows, but on all other shows, awards not given during the telecast are still given honorable mention sometime during the show. They will name the award, and show the picture of the artist who won it. The CCMA awards neglected to do this though. It was a little bit of a blow.

I am starting a little bit of a campaign to suggest to them that if they do have to cut awards, at least the winners are given honorable mention. As it is, nominees of awards who didn't win got more exposure than winners of awards that were cut.
If you'd like to help me in this, send an email to
info@ccma.cc

I'm not trying to start anything malicious, but i would like them to be made aware of their oversight. If you feel like helping, that'd be great, and thanks.
Rory
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: O.T. I Won I Won! - 11/13/04 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
The show was telecast on GAC. Great American Country.

FYI: though it doesn't state this on the GAC website, I heard (from a TV ad I saw locally here) that the CCMA awards show is going to be re-broadcast again today at 4pm (West Coast time?).

http://www.countrystars.com/ccma.html

Rory, I was disappointed that you weren't included on that show, because I believe all winners should have at least been acknowledged by name.

Scott