Midi File? KN1500

Posted by: Lucky Kelly

Midi File? KN1500 - 01/06/00 06:03 PM

Hi Everyone, This message is posted here and also on the Technic discussion forum. I've got a problem. The answer is probably simple, but I can't seem to find it. I usually record my songs via "Easy Record" and then save it as a Tech file on a floppy. Now I am trying to save it as a SMF (midi file), but all I am saving is the sounds in my right hand and my chords in the left, but there is no rhythms, sustains, etc. What am I doing wrong. One other thing, my floppy is a 2HD, not a 2DD.
Lucky
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Midi File? KN1500 - 01/06/00 06:31 PM

Hi!

Hmm.. This problem sounds familiar but it was on the PSR620 I used to own. I had exactly the same thing happen where when I was saving my compositions, little did I know I was only saving the chord changes, sound preferences and sounds, not the style that went along with it or anything that resembled a midi file, but I could save it in SMF format but it did not play back as a midi file elsewhere. I later learnt that the PSR620 didnt have the ability as its sequencer was not designed for creating midi files but could play them back though (its sequencer only had 3 tracks - not like nowadays where its 16).

Maybe this relates to your problem, is the KN1500 not an old keyboard as well as being mid range?

Danny (UK)
Posted by: Lucky Kelly

Re: Midi File? KN1500 - 01/06/00 06:51 PM

Danny,
My KN1500 is not all that old but is out of date compared to the new ones. I have discovered that this Technic keyboard will only save the melody tracks upon midi file saving; the APC style notes are not there. I have discovered in the last half hour that I have a "midi Orchestrator" in my computer. It is made by Voyetra Technolgies Inc. It has 16 tracks, etc. I think tomorrow I will go buy some cables and see what happens. My husband say I should be careful and not blow up the house. Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Lucky
Posted by: DonM

Re: Midi File? KN1500 - 01/06/00 10:43 PM

Lucky,
There is a topic about KN2000 conversions posted by Hein Olivier down the page. In it there is a link to a web page that addresses the problem you are having. Check it out.
Don